Thread: Hi all, first post

Default Hi all, first post

Hello, My name is chad. I am not new to laZer (just kidding) but new here.

I have a couple of questions for you. I have heard horror stories about the Chinese dpss blue units having a terrible mode hop madness resulting in power output stability issues. Those with these units would you mind sharing your experiences?

I have a client who wants to built a couple of road systems and ion is not an option, especially these days.

Also are there any Chinese lasers or retailers that i should stay AWAY from?

Thanks,

Chad

Hello Chad! Welcome to PhotonLexicon.

There have been several discussions about various DPSS blue manufacturers lately. You might want to search through the forums a bit and read some of the comments left by others. I can't offer any personal experience; I've only owned DPSS greens thus far. (Still using Argon for blue.)

Based on the stories, it does appear that some of the Chinese DPSS blue lasers are just not ready for prime time yet - at least once you get up above 100 mw or so. But the consensus seems to be that you get what you pay for, and some of the higher-end units get great reviews.

How much blue is your client looking for in his projector?

Adam

Greetings and welcome chad!

I have a 50mW, looks to be a CNI that has some stability issues but I don't notice it much. Only when I use a motorized mirror for a sky effect. It looks like there is a little staic in the line it projects when using this mirror that doesn't happen with my other colors. Not scanning, or Not that I have noticed yet when scanning. I havn't gotten my projector totaly up and have only been using my blue. You can chek out my newbie product review about my blue laser in that sub-forum.

Again, welcome and good luck!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Welcome, I can`t talk for all Chinese lasers but the lasever 60mw blue I have has been fine. Its putting out about 80mw with no problems.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Sorry for the delay been busy with my day job. Any how thanks for the advice. I have read most of the stuff on the forum and i guess i will just have to bite the bullet and buy one and try it out.

Thanks

Chad

Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes.