Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raytrack 30 from JMLaser

From what i have heard, these scanners are extremely similar(surprise surprise) to a CT6800, hence they can be pushed a lot harder with a good driver board..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi Dave,

Actually, we all have to be careful in exactly how we "push a lot harder" the scanners I would also debate what is, and is not a "good driver board"

Real Cambridge 6800s can dissipate 15 watts of continuous power. This is entirely dependent on the design (and execution) of the coil, and how it is bonded to the outer sleeve. What we have seen, and confirmed by Jian, is that this is magic that has not been duplicated. So I am not really sure how much continuous power one of these scanners can take...

There is one Chinese company that claims to make 20K, 30K and 40K scanners. I wonder if these are all the same scanner (originally) and they just test the end-product after manufacturing and just select the best ones as 40K, next best as 30K, etc...

Bill

I agree with Bill that there are many differences in chinese scanners and that nearly all of them do not reach the performance of CTs.
    Also I agree that most manufacturers are not very cooperative. But not all of them.

About the initial question:
    Yes, Raytrack 30 scanners use the same galvos like K12N, but have another mirror. Like Bill explained, the original mirror of most galvos are too thin.
    Also the original mirrors are not bonded symmetrical to the shaft, giving an unsymmetrical load to the galvo, increasing resonance.
    We replace the original 0.5mm mirror against a 0.65 mirror. Using thicker mirrors is not possible because the shafts of chinese galvos are too thin.
    For using a 0.65mm mirror, the slit in the shaft must be grinded to a larger dimension. This is a very delicate work and requires special tools.
    We bond these mirrors using a special mounting tool to center it.
    With these mirrors, resonances are less (but not totally eliminated). So we can drive the galvos between 29 and 32K ILDA Testpattern @8 deg.
    There is a visible mirror resonance at about 11Kpps and harmonics, so it is best use a scanrate below or above 22K.

Another thing is the driver:
    When originally shipped, these galvos do about 7K.
    A modification of the original driver brings 12 - 15K, which is the K12N.
    The use of our new driver allows to run them at 30K.

But remember: These galvos are much more sensitve against heat and overload. For this reason, we added an overload protection in the driver, which
    shuts off the driver, when the average current through the coil is too high over a fixed amount of time. This cannot prevent the galvo from all possible cases of damage, but can avoid overheating "by accident", for example a show scanned much too fast at a much too large angle (or scanning the square with only 4 points..).

We are also offering another set of scanners, which is currently not on our website:
    The Raytrack 35Plus
    It uses DT40Pro galvos from Jian together with our driver.
    Jians galvos are much better, because he makes them much more careful and spends much more time on quality check and testing.
    We don't specify them at 40K, because picture quality is much better when not drive them to maximum limits.

The driver includes a simple scanner safety, which shuts-off up to 3 optocoupler outputs (for RGB) when scanner movement is too low or too slow.

Joachim
    Producer of EasyLase USB and NetLase
    Lasershow software DYNAMICS

Hi Jo

and welcome .....

and thanks for the info ..... look forward to seeing the 35s

although i must say my widemoves are a total workhorse
    an take all the abuse that i throw at them .... but the built in scan failure just gives me enough reasons to maybe replace the widemoves

Hope you are ok and hope you will visit here

Oh and by the way .... if you dont remember me, i sat with you and peter from DMXlaser
    at the ilda lunch in Rimini

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin

There is one Chinese company that claims to make 20K, 30K and 40K scanners. I wonder if these are all the same scanner (originally) and they just test the end-product after manufacturing and just select the best ones as 40K, next best as 30K, etc...

Bill
    With the PR scanners we sell, the 40k scanner shares the 30k scan amp, but the design of the scanner itself is quite different, with the scanner being much longer than the 30k type.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai
    although i must say my widemoves are a total workhorse
    an take all the abuse that i throw at them .... but the built in scan failure just gives me enough reasons to maybe replace the widemoves
    Hi Karl,

Nice to hear from you.
    Yes - the widemoves (M9024) are very reliable and we continue producing them, because many customers want a kind
    of "install and forget"-scanner instead a "high speed and repair"-scanner.

The safety is not really a reason to replace the scanners. There is also a new driver for Widemoves. With safety.
    Same size and construction like the Raytrack. Just a different internal circuit.

Joachim
    Producer of EasyLase USB and NetLase
    Lasershow software DYNAMICS

Hi JoJo,
    Welcome join USA forum.Here warm than Germany forum,all English TXT. 8)
    You are so delay come here

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Welcome to the forum JoJo!

We all are nice here....hehe

Nice that you have made it here after inviting you to the forum to look around. Thanks for sending me the 3 mirrors soo fast. I will get them changed soon. I have a friend that is going to be near you in January so I might ask them to pick up that new driver you have for my 9024's. Thanks again for all the great laser show kit. Always top entertainment for me.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I use the Raytrack 35+ scanners from JoJo and i'm very satisfied. Good quality, high speed, good linearity and onboard safety.