Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB: 2 watt RGB analogue with 15kpps scanner DEAL!!!!!!!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm glad there are those who can put my thoughts into words so much more eloquently than I can, when I've tried, sputtering, to respond to this thread on a few occasions.

Dude... very poor form. I can assure you that X-Laser isn't the slightest bit worried about you hurting their bottom line. That's a bit like you setting up your grill in the front yard and selling burgers at $.95 and threatening McDonalds that you're going to put them out of business. Laughable at best. And to blast Dan for questioning you, with his knowledge of the laws is absurd. You do realize he's on the Board of Directors for ILDA. He's practically in the CDRH's back yard and practically has nearly daily interaction with customs officials, and also with the law makers who affect this business of lasers in the first place. If ever there were a company the exemplifies doing things the proper, legal way, X-Laser is it, and a beautiful example of what we all should be striving to be. The fact that he's opting to blow you off rather than blowing the whistle, should you progress further than "talking" after the way you responded, should make you a bit relieved. Personally, after a response like that, you can bet I'd be planning to work my ass towards doing whatever I could to get the US Customs, the FDA and whoever else, up yours.

As Jon suggested, why don't you try to be part of the solution rather than just more of the problem. You've done some good things here on this board (and I thank you for that), but, I'm not understanding the rudeness of this tirade.

Oh, and I'm curious.... what in the hell does being able to cast a vote for the grammys have to do with any part of this discussion??? I've watched a girl tie a marachino cherry stem into a knot with her tongue. Same relevence.

Have China turn all the lasers down to 5mw before shipping, Let the user work out that he/she can turn them up.

Nuphotonix you are a problem in our industry, trying to sell illegal lasers just goes to double prove it. I was going to let this go and not say anything about, but now i think people should know what type of person you are. I contacted Nuphotonix when I was doing the Silverwood gig to because he was in Idaho where the show would take place. We talked about the show and I told him I would see if I could get him a guest/press pass. I worked it out with the promoter and park staff and got him a press pass on my guest list to get into the event. The next day, the promoter called me up in the morning asking who Dwight Finney is, because apparently this guy was that was on the Facebook thread saying that it wasn't a Marble Production (who was the promoter of the show) and that they didn't have to pay to see the lasershow at the themepark, because THEY had one they were doing for free at some rental hall across town. What kind of asshole does that? The same one that is trying to sell illegal lasers, that's who.

And how dare you use Illegal lasers and Slick Lasers in the same line, you better watch your self d-bag. I do everything by the books. Yes I import lasers from China LEGALLY. I have a Variance to BUILD LASER PROJECTORS. I fill out forms stating that the lasers will be built into CERTIFIED Projectors. I build them into my Varianced laser projectors that have all the required safety interlocks and time delays/restart interlocks. You are trying to buy and sell illegal lasers without a variance and that is illegal. Plain and simple. Are you a certified laser projector manufacturer? If so then you can do this is you add all the required safety interlocks and resets. But you can not LEGALLY buy an illegal laser and sell it without #1 BEING A CERTIFIED LASER MANUFACTURER, and #2 Adding all required safety interlocks and devices. If you do not have your manufacturer variance, you can not buy or sell any non varianced lasers over 4.95mW LEGALLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    Not buying it.. not one word.
    "..its totally illegal if you import any laser module/device, even if its not a complete projector"
    slick lasers. wicked lasers, all do so against the law. EVEN AXIZ, is breaking the law.. Still not going to listen to a word you say about not being qualified or that having a logo below your name equates to a single turd of respectability.. I CAN sell outside the country AND drop ship from Austria to any where in the world. NOT a SINGLE thing against the law there.
    This year, I am 18 years a VOTING member of the Grammys, aka the National Academy of arts and sciences and took 15 years just to get in ( bigger turd of respectability). Um your not. Not only have I done more shows that your EVER WILL in your life, I STILL get calls for tour and video work. In this case the tatoo on my tool reads " Welcome to America have a nice day..." in large capitol letters.
    Be careful where you tread. Nobodys job or gig is safe from cheaper competition. that includes the competition from other laserists that compete directly with other companies. If we all banded together to set a price for shows, well thats price fixing and illegal too.
    Same saftey, same variance, just cheap enough to put a serious squeeze on your wallet.
    Not going to do the group buy.. But I did flush out the sellers on here that want to, protect any any cost, by any saber rattling, strong words of illegal operations, their business. Of which I will reply no further. this forum really isnt about you guys anyways, its about lasers, laser shows, and laser programs.
    I know I have contributed to the forum, but when I want legal advise, Ill get it from a lawyer.

Well, to de-rail a little bit, just in defense of KGB. I can assure you he does shit the right way and legitimately. As he purchased my services to do certify his products (product reports) and variance submissions.

As far as the rest of this, "My dick is bigger and better than your dick" thread, I'll let you get back to your measuring. It *IS* turning into a funny thread to watch. As about 80% of the crap i have read in here is completely and utterly false from people who have NO business spouting out legalities of Laser show equipment and/or services.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs up

No longer offering a buy.. Not going to let the bozos below dictate a single thing I do...
    ...Buuuut, we apparently just-did... Yay, Bozos!

No worries,, the members will just buy if from someone else.
    Hmm.. Just curious, was this 'sorry assed mess' http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...202#post240202 the PJ you were (..past-tense, understood.. looking to hawk, here? Cuz, if-so, perhaps once these 'other sellers' you reference, and- the *end-users* - get a-load of what looks like someone barfed in a laser-shop 'scraps-box', they might start to think-twice about the 'value' of said Crappy Meal.. Eeek... I'd hit it with a baseball-bat for $675. tho!

PS - What did you say your 'dba', for your Show-performance Variance was?? I can't seem to find anything at-all online. Not very 'public-info' if ya can't find-it, eh?

cheers!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Wow. I just found this thread.

When I pressed the "Filter out the crap" button, most of this thread disappeared!
    This space for rent.

This year, I am 18 years a VOTING member of the Grammys, aka the National Academy of arts and sciences.
    If this is true, then you're to blame for helping pop music to suck for the last eighteen years. You've done enough damage to our ears. Now you want our eyes, too?

WOW that was some fun reading!
    Mario

www.r3dj.com

1.5W RGB unit from Marc at CT Lasers!
    400mW RGBv mod based on Chinese unit

Quote Originally Posted by LEDpaint View Post
    If this is true, then you're to blame for helping pop music to suck for the last eighteen years. You've done enough damage to our ears. Now you want our eyes, too?

Your all to blame for pop music. Just dont listen to your radio station. its a robot anyway. Seems you cant listen to what is really good out there on the radio anymore. Just because I vote in engineering and production, doesnt get me a vote for best album, or song of the year. I do however get to help give out the "End your Career" trophy aka Best New Artist. Who I like engineering wise is the past few years of any note.. #1 Nora Jones, Perfect pitch, no vocal correction, recorded at capitol records, big money, high priced gear, and one of the last musicians to use the reverb tunnels inder the building in Hollywood. Fantastic enginering reference#2 Kid Rock, Gotta hand it to the Kid for taking a rock drummer, funk drummer, baptist choir, Digital sample artist, a DJ, and a midget to really make something different. Kid Rock and the Twisted Brown Truckers deserves a second listen. #The darkness. Yup the Darkness. your radio cant go loud enough to enjoy such cuts as "Is it just me" or "I Believe In A Thing Called Love". Tottaly missed by the usa and the Disney networks deciding what is good for you to listen to. On a final note the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences ( N.A.R.A.S. a.k.a:The Grammys) look for musicians that have broken through standard recording barriers and music composition techniques that are above standard or outside the box of professionalism. Your comment of the pop music being solely my fault is so far off of the mark I need to correct you. you need to write the American Music Awards.... AKA the disney pop awards, in that case I have NOTHING to do with ever. Thats not music, that some really good producer, pitch correcting into fame, a pop slut who couldnt sing for their dinner on the street, but looks good in makeup and on the producers bed. The gender choice is up to your imagination.