Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB: 2 watt RGB analogue with 15kpps scanner DEAL!!!!!!!

Default GB: 2 watt RGB analogue with 15kpps scanner DEAL!!!!!!!

No longer offering a buy.. I was an OFFER that i was passing along to other users of this site.. No worries,, the members will just buy if from someone else. Not going to let the bozos below dictate a single thing I do... I am no longer posting to this thread.
    Last edited by nuphotonix; 09-27-2012 at 17:25. Reason: Deleteing

Please forgive me if I am reading this wrong but...

It sounds to me like you are buying and importing illegal Chinese lasers, selling and warrantying them to other people and you KNOW that they have no safety systems. Doing this makes you a laser manufacturer and even if that was not the case, you are intentionally introducing products into commerce which you state do not meet US safety standards (or by implication IEC either).

If anyone wonders why we have a problem with illegal lasers in this country ... and by extension why professional laserists are worried about a rise in injury events from non-compliant devices, this is why.

As long as people keeping buying them, they will keep sacrificing safety to build them as cheaply as possible and keeping selling them.

Incidentally, how can YOU warranty something like this? What happens when you need a part or have a safety related failure? What happens if they come and the interlocks are defective, or the DMX boards short out, or ...? You can't get a variance to use them and because you can't import them without an FDA-2877 you either have to fail to file by committing customs fraud and mislabeling the goods or you have to lie on the 2877 and say that they are for research or something.

Beyond being illegal, it is also irresponsible - even for someone buying them for 'personal use' which by the way does not get around the US import regulations that get them into your hands in the first place.

I'm sorry but this kind of stuff just makes me crazy.

Please forgive me if I am reading this wrong but...
    YOU ARE

It sounds to me like you are buying and importing illegal Chinese lasers, selling and warrantying them to other people and you KNOW that they have no safety systems. Doing this makes you a laser manufacturer and even if that was not the case, you are intentionally introducing products into commerce which you state do not meet US safety standards (or by implication IEC either).
    WOW WHAT A PISSING MATCH really?
    I can, and will import, partially assemble and ship to whom ever I choose products for other businesses. Its a free country check your facts. You can sit there in YOUR company and complain, in this case dictate what the fuck, I , a free citizen of the last free country in the world, can do? No sir you cannot. evidently you dont know a thing about B2B commerce in my state or the country for that matter.

If anyone wonders why we have a problem with illegal lasers in this country ... and by extension why professional laserists are worried about a rise in injury events from non-compliant devices, this is why.
    Your opinion is just that an opinion, not an official one, more of a conjecture on what you believe to be in the best interests of YOUR company.
    To assume that the persons in my group buy are, stupid and broke is wont insert any scan fail device or shutter is totally wrong on your part. I CAN ship to Sweden. and the UK as the laser tables with cases. I havent had an issue in YEARS.... Why in the hell do you think they sell. and import with ease 1200mw lasers into the USA with Pagolin QS3? The MONEY.. Sheesh get off your horse... Dont care if it drives your crazy, but there are PLEANTY of PL members who would gladly swap out the guts in their lasers for these?

As long as people keeping buying them, they will keep sacrificing safety to build them as cheaply as possible and keeping selling them.
    You are so wrong on this guy. if you want to compete with the chicoms you, your company , is just going to have to take your profit margins in the shorts. I remember when I was selling the very first green laser pointers at 5mw for over 250$ each!! Now look at them.

Incidentally, how can YOU warranty something like this?
    Easily Ive been repairing dpss lasers since 2002, why, cant you? What happens when you need a part or have a safety related failure? No need to worry there its for business to business commerece.. see above sheesh!

Beyond being illegal, it is also irresponsible You sir, by assuming far too much, want far to many answers and making such accusations with such maliciousness also drives me crazy.

The shit that bugs me is all the POINTERS out there. I can buy a diode, heat sink, a "host" aka pointer body and make a 2 watt 445nm pointer.. A FUCKIN POINTER all from a member on this site... and you want to call me irresponsible? X-LASER Why arent you lighting up someone elses ass? Sales bad?

I didnt see your holy tirade on this thread.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-galvo-scanner

P.S. Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game.
    Service wins the game.

you can get the same spec from golden star reg price for 674 20k or for 30k 864 or 40k 1074 or they also have a 100mw projector 20k for 325 with 600mw 635 100mw 532 500mw 445 so i see no need for group buy

Yeah, that's about what I was expecting...

Look the libertarian angle aside which I generally agree with by the way, you could be B2B or B2Unicorn and the commerce clause of the constitution still gives the FDA the authority to regulate these products. Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations section 1040.11 clearly states that this product is subject to the performance standard of 1040.10 and that the product's emission is limited to 5mW. Anyone you sell this thing to will be buying an illegal laser and you will be committing a crime in selling it to them. You appear to disagree with that point on the basis that you are selling it to another business - which is a little insane considering that you can google it and the standard does not carve out an exemption for selling it to a business - and I think that it is immoral to impose your personal ideology absent any sort of facts to the contrary on a transaction which will subject the buyer to 21CFR17.2 if caught. I note that your chances of being caught are much better now that you have posted this on a public forum heavily indexed by google - and indeed even expanded the scope of your admission.

I don't believe that I have ever attempted to sell our products to members of this community... this is not an anti-competitive thing and I think you will have a very hard time making that case. As for foreign sales I would mention that lasers without any safety features would not meet EU standards either... so its still illegal.

Look dude - I picked on you because, frankly, I don't know of anyone else in the US crazy enough to do something like that - or at least not so publicly. Super cheap, un-varianced, non-compliant lasers with no safety features and a questionable warranty is what I expect from some of the Chinese vendors (not all by the way, some Chinese vendors are very reputable). But for an American to post something that nuts, that violates US law a half dozen different ways just to be able to sell something demonstrably unsafe is, IMHO, inexcusable. And, I think you will find that my opinion about regulatory issues carries at least some weight. I do agree that pointers are of great concern.

Instead of replying to this with super defensive, vague insults, externalizations and waving your arms around, READ the Federal standard so that you can understand what you are doing. Even if you don't, i'll still drop this and you don't have to worry about me complaining to FDA. Not my style for things like this but, for the record, you can't both say that I am reading your post wrong and then confirm it through justification. That is just illogical.

Here is a Sport Im sure you invented.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false

LOL... what??

That sounded way too much like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAmAVTORw_U

Anyway, i've spoken my mind and now I return to productive things (hopefully).

It is illegal...simple as that....you cant defend it....sry
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Havent bought OR sold a thing. You presume way too much. But I will tell you that your not the only laser company in the USA. you still have to order parts to assemble to variance a projector design. Not a single thing illegal about that. I am, and will be competing directly with both of your companies and others around the world. Im here, have been on the scene over 10 years. One thing I have learned is how to go "chinese" on somebody. I really hope you have alot of money to support both of your companies. By the time im done cutting your profit margins to less than 5%, you'll wonder how I was able to use NAFTA to my advantage, stay in business, and provide great service to all of my clients. I have no issues not doing the group buy, but, you wanted to chime in, in hopes of reviving your companies profit margins to pay your rent, kids food, whatever. I dont care. But I do know how to program in G-code, well, and train MY robot monkey (epson Cartesian)to churn out, mirror mounts, dpss laser bodies and more, all at a fraction of the cost it takes you to buy it your self. Not thing illegal about undercuttung your lasers with a lower price and higher quality.
    Your going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that your lasers diodes didnt come from another country? I dont care if you use chicom lasers in your products. They burn out the same as the rest. But I do have a long standing relationship with a semiconductor manufacturer, that has enabled me to continue my DPSS repair business. Out of my non competition agreement with them, I dont flood the market with 5 watt 808nm diodes for $35 bucks. you wont see them on ebay ever at that price.
    As a veteran of the Armed forces, I have patriotically served my country to protect and respect your right to an opinion. Capitalism is just that, an open market.
    If you really want to make money... buy e-cigs from the chicoms, they are unregulated, and in some states even kids can buy them at 15!!