Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: LED Blacklights vs Flourescent Blacklights?

I have one cheap one that burned off the plastic lens but still functions, I will need to try that, I don't have nitrogen but I do have argon, I will need to give that a try
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Thread rezzing. I just found some new 365nm LEDs on digi-key and Mouser... 8W luminous flux!!!! The price is pretty high though. Still cheaper than buying 7 of the 1200mW lux LED Engin LEDs.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...y27ExbBA%3D%3D

$110 is steep but I would have to think these would be a good alternative to Hg vapor as far as fluorescent tubes. Looks like 30W power consumption.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I wanted to give another update on the LED-Engin and the star 365nm on the Star mcpcb, they seem to not be available Digi key any more but Mouser has the current generation of these LED's and have higher output power and are cheaper, 13 bucks! https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Z1-10UV0R-0000 and like the first gen these used ceramic and glass in construction so no problems with the optics, during testing my main fixture fell over when I set it for an over night test and nearly set fire to the blanket on my recliner

I added 4 more to my main filtered fixture that I now call Uveitis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09469.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	56315

Name:	DSC09453.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	56316

and I made up a different fixture that was UV to start and in a outdoor IP65 housing but had a very poor quality UV COB LED rated at 10 watts but only output around 100-150mw, so now it's still 10 watts so no new thermal problems with about 3.6 watts of output
    my MK II, I am using a driver from sure electronics with 2 LED's in series and these drivers have control pin so you can change the drive current. I would not recommend more in series as these are ESD sensitive and act a lot like a laser diode, the new star mcpcb's have a device for ESD. Finding filter glass that I used in my first fixture has gotten a lot harder as it's not made anymore but e-bay has smaller ones if filter glass is needed and can be cut to fit this fixture, was thinking of making a holder for the filter and not have it as an integrated part of the light so for use in the field I can slide it out and not risk breaking it https://www.ebay.com/itm/200-50-3-0m...72.m2749.l2649

Name:	DSC09460.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	56317
    Last edited by Draco; 01-26-2020 at 01:14.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu