Thread: It's a start!

Default It's a start!

I got in my AlphaliteXC Pro software/interface today, hooked em up to the DT-40 pros I got in last week... and bam! Alot easier to hook up than I thought, barely any problems whatsoever. Kudos to Rick and Jian. I don't have my 1-watt yet so I have to use my 115mw 532nm diode (not modulated) as a substitute. Still I couldn't be happier. I'm still waiting on the case and the laser, and after those get here, its time for me to start drawing and adding to my repotoire...

Seeing the multicolor representations on alphalite really made me want an RGB unit though. Of course, I'm staring at the same laser I've had for a year, so I'm sure even the 1-watt will be a nice addition. One day though... hah, I remember telling myself only 8 months ago that "one day" I'll have a watt-class laser, so maybe that day is sooner than I think!

But in otherwords, I've gotten my first REAL scanner working (sure I could do liquid skies with my custom one... but who cares when I got THIS!?)

Congratulations BoomDog! You're on your way...

Yeah, the Alphalite color abstracts are mesmerizing, aren't they? I plan on keeping my Alphalite DAC just so I can play around with the abstracts later on when I finally get an RGB projector assembled.

Alphalite has another cool feature that you might want to play with... The "sines" files. You can do all sorts of transforms and stuff with them, making spirals, swirls, standing waves, etc... Very cool stuff.

Adam

This is more for the people at the other forum I frequent; this is very basic stuff to some of you, but since I already uploaded it, I put together a video w/ the basic things you can do with Alphalite and DT-40 Pros. I dont have my 1-watt yet, so I'm using a non-modulated 115mw diode. Also, a ton of fog, since my haze machine doesn't have juice.

Oh and the framerate killed alot of stuff in the video, so if you get seizures, don't watch this. It's a big file too, 7 minutes long and 52mb wide :P

http://lasers.musicfoxaudio.com/vide...projector1.avi

Again, not expecting any "Wow" from you guys; I just figured what the hey.

Cool video!!

Nice video

suggest:using the bigger heat sink better.caution the cables are so danger.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Really? with the fan blowing on it the current ones barely get hot at all. I've got a high-speed fan on em and I'm going to put a second one on there when I get these mounted in a casing.

Where does the heat originate from? From the relay, I imagine? I'm having difficulty finding heatsinks to fit the entire metal panel, but if I can put one on the portion where that relay is, that isn't so hard.

And yea, don't worry, I'm being very careful, it's a very delicate setup right now heh. My casing comes in next week, and my laser should come in tomorrow, so I'll be making alot of adjustments to it.

DON'T using the fan to blowing .Because the hot just from the LM3886 .7915 and 7815.
    And other micro parts MUST warm to stabilization.
    So I alway let the scanner show animation 20-30 minute ,all parts to be stabilization, follow adjust de driver finished.

If you install the driver to the case,then not need the bigger heat sink .
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Gotcha, I'll see what I can do. I'll put on some metal contacts now and I'll just have to figure out something once the casing gets here. This is gonna require some creativity heh. Appreciate the tips!