Thread: A few questions about the ILDA awards

Default A few questions about the ILDA awards

Hey guys, i'm interested in submitting a show for the ILDA awards, and have a few questions.

First, can someone enter as a student member?

Is it a lost cause to try and enter with a single projector show?

I'm a bit confused with when what happens, I understand that they awards are presented at the conference, but like, in a few weeks, are they presenting the 2012? If that means that the shows produced for the 2012 awards mainly were done in 2011 because the deadline is march of 2012, so the majority of time is in 2011, and so If I would be making shows for the 2013 awards, and most of what I could submit was made in 2012?

Someone please explain the process to me
    Last edited by gabe; 10-13-2012 at 19:11. Reason: spelling
    1st place ILDA 2013 awards "Multiscanner show"
    1st place ILDA 2014 awards "Multiscanner show"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BronyBeamshows
    My start to the laser world
    9/15/2010

Gabe;

You can submit anything you want, even as a student member, and single-projector shows have won ILDA awards in the past. You may want to try some of the other categories though, because "best beam show" and "best graphics show" are going to have 15 or 20 entries by professional companies, so your chances of winning will be much less. Some categories only get 2 or 3 entries, so if you try some of those, you might have better luck.

It doesn't matter when the show was made, it only matters when you submit it. It is too late to submit a show for the 2012 ILDA conference, because the conference starts in just 2 weeks. But if you have a show you want to submit, you can send it in now and it will be entered for the 2013 awards.

The reason for the long delay between the submission deadline and the conference is that the judges are not all together, so the entries have to be sent all over for many people to look at and judge. That takes time. Also, the conference is usually delayed. Originally it was going to be in September this year, but then it got pushed back... That happens a lot.

Adam