Thread: Need Help With Yag

Default Need Help With Yag

I recently purchased a coherent antares a76 yag. When I got it the driver cards were removed from the power supply, I got them with the unit, but I am unsure on where to put them since all of the slots are the same, and i am not sure if the placement matters. There is no real documentation on this thing anywhere, that I can find. Any help on some info or schematics would be greatly appreciated.

if you can give me a week I have one of these power supplies in storage, i will take some pictures.

Excellent, sounds good to me, Do you know if it can be operated via rs232 only? I did not get a remote with the setup.

also any one know any info on this little beauty.
    part of a cheap chin galvo set, cant figure out what the dip switches do. sent to me with no documentation.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/96/25/a8_1.JPG

It's a DMX board, 8 of the dips are for the address in binary, the other dips are normally for it to run the inbuilt shows.

Jim

which do what is dip 1 really dmx 1 or is like dip 4 dmx 1 and 1-3 are the inboard commands for its shows, i know these are dumb questions but i really got no documentation with the device and am quite confused. when it comes to something i have no schematics for or documentation im lost.

As a rule of thumb.....
    Looking at the dips with the 'on' being at the top, they will be numbered from left to right.
    Dip 1 = 1
    Dip 2 = 2
    Dip 3 = 4
    Dip 4 = 8
    Dip 5 = 16
    Dip 6 = 32
    Dip 7 = 64
    Dip 8 = 128

So you can set the DMX address from 0 to 255 using a combination of the switches being on or off.

Dip 9 will normally select between audio triggered or time triggered

Dip 10 is to select the inbuilt shows.

On the board there will be connectors for a potentiometer and condensor mic for the sound triggered shows.

Jim