Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red light therapy

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

No, it would emit red light instead of white...

It's at best a placebo, at worst a scam. I didn't want to tell you this but others already have so it doesn't matter anymore.
    I vaguely remember something about people using this kind of therapy to quit smoking (as a placebo effect), hence my hesitation to tell you it's not real.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i've skimmed as much of the website as i can without wanting to smash my monitor, but i don't see any actual mention of laser diodes being used. the scant information about the device says: "5 diode LED in the 660nm range". they also say it's IR, which it isn't.

you can achieve a higher energy density with a laser diode. a typical cheap red laser pointer is also in the 660nm range.

in a nutshell, if you hacked some 660nm led's into a flashlight host, or bought a cat toy laser pointer, you would undoubtedly realize exactly the same "benefits" as the device on the website. in addition, building your own will also cause you to feel smarter, richer, and more smug.

the choice is yours.. personally, i like my snake oil to be homegrown.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDConfused View Post
    LOL.... I ordered one from E-Bay! (by the way it was cheaper than $5 ) Waiting on that to come in, BUT I also wanted to play around with the flashlight idea.

You still haven't answered my question swaimidog.... would it be the same exact thing/tool, by replacing the white LED lights in a 4.5v flashlight with red 660nm LED diodes?
    Last edited by swamidog; 10-23-2012 at 12:28.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    No, it would emit red light instead of white...

It's at best a placebo, at worst a scam. I didn't want to tell you this but others already have so it doesn't matter anymore.
    I vaguely remember something about people using this kind of therapy to quit smoking (as a placebo effect), hence my hesitation to tell you it's not real.
    I understand what you are saying, but humor me for a minute! I'm not asking for opinions on what it may or may not do health wise, I am asking for help in making the same identical item without paying $500. The only one who "respectfully" answered was Jem. So taking his/her response, I am asking if the flashlight is the same concept?? Nobody has answered this question seriously.

It's a project I would like to work on and was hoping for some educated answers.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i've skimmed as much of the website as i can without wanting to smash my monitor, but i don't see any actual mention of laser diodes being used. the scant information about the device says: "5 diode LED in the 660nm range". they also say it's IR, which it isn't.

you can achieve a higher energy density with a laser diode. a typical cheap red laser pointer is also in the 660nm range.

in a nutshell, if you hacked some 660nm led's into a flashlight host, or bought a cat toy laser pointer, you would undoubtedly realize exactly the same "benefits" as the device on the website. in addition, building your own will also cause you to feel smarter, richer, and more smug.
    Here is another site.. http://www.photonichealth.com/#!__re...nit-comparison or just google Photonic light therapy.

And yes, I would like to try to make one for my own curiosity. It's a project, whether it works or not for what these websites state, is irrelavant. I want to know if the same thing can be made from an LED flashlight?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the device *is* an LED flashlight.

as long as you use 660nm LEDs, you'll be making exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDConfused View Post
    Here is another site.. http://www.photonichealth.com/#!__re...nit-comparison or just google Photonic light therapy.

And yes, I would like to try to make one for my own curiosity. It's a project, whether it works or not for what these websites state, is irrelavant. I want to know if the same thing can be made from an LED flashlight?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    the device *is* an LED flashlight.

as long as you use 660nm LEDs, you'll be making exactly the same thing.
    THANKYOU!! That's all I was asking.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ah, the Charlatens.. 660 only does not cut it.

According to the origional NASA studies, you need 3 LED wavelengths to be successful with LED healing. 660 is only one of the three "colors" needed.
    660 alone is not effective. You need 880 and one other wavelength I can't remember right now. In the mid seven hundreds.

Steve

It will probably cause cancer..... Everything else does these days.

I wonder if hes going to build one or two (dozen) and sell them on Ebay for 599 bucks, thereby undercutting the competition..
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    I wonder if hes going to build one or two (dozen) and sell them on Ebay for 599 bucks, thereby undercutting the competition..
    No, I am working on a project as I mentioned previously.