Thread: WANTED , Omni PSU for a 643 laser head

Default WANTED , Omni PSU for a 643 laser head

I had purchased one suprisingly from a member of this forum but never received it :-(

So , I am once again looking for a PSU for my Omni 643 RYB laser head .

Any condition working or not working is OK , would like to have the discharge card.

Thank you.

I wonder who it was?
    Sorry I dont have PSU for that.

I will probably leave a post within the seller review section on this person.
    But hopefully he will follow through with the transaction.

Isn't the Omni 643 basically the same size as the 60X? (just with a larger bore diameter and a Kr/Ar fill?) How much voltage does the tube drop when operating, and what is the current range?

Adam

Actually , the 643 and the 543 have a longer bore and require more voltage than the 60X type tubes.

The 643 is a Kr / Ar-Kr head and the 543 is the Argon head.

The 543 and 643 PSU's are a little different in as the 643 PSU has a circuit to detect discharge through the return bore and allows it to self correct this.

I was thinking of isolating and putting two 90V drop tube power supplies in series to run this head in the meantime.

But would really like to find the proper PSU for my laser head.

I do have a nice ILT 5400K krypton laser that runs on 110V and produces a nice set of lines 7 total RYGB .

Dave

>>>Isn't the Omni 643 basically the same size as the 60X? (just with a larger bore diameter and a Kr/Ar fill?) How much voltage does the tube drop when operating, and what is the current range?

Adam

Dave;

Gotcha... Took a quick peek in the laser faq and refreshed my memory about these units. I remember some discussion (maybe on alt.lasers?) about the circuit you mentioned that detects when the tube lights down the return path... Pretty cool stuff.

Saddly it seems that I don't have anything that will help you with your PSU problems. (sorry)

Re: the ILT unit... Very cool! I've seen several auctions for ILT units, and they always fetch an impressive price. Never actually owned one though.

Adam

PS: Who were you trying to buy the power supply from? Have you tried to contact them through PhotonLexicon?

I love my ILT Krypton unit ! Only problem is that it is low power. 50mw Max all lines. Due to it being powered by 110V , This is actually running hot, Unit specs 5mw per line.

The ILT is like a 60X as far as the tube current and voltages go.

I did give the person out here a 'pm' and hopefully I will get a response and a power supply OR my money back.

Dave

>>>Dave;

Gotcha... Took a quick peek in the laser faq and refreshed my memory about these units. I remember some discussion (maybe on alt.lasers?) about the circuit you mentioned that detects when the tube lights down the return path... Pretty cool stuff.

Saddly it seems that I don't have anything that will help you with your PSU problems. (sorry)

Re: the ILT unit... Very cool! I've seen several auctions for ILT units, and they always fetch an impressive price. Never actually owned one though.

Adam

PS: Who were you trying to buy the power supply from? Have you tried to contact them through PhotonLexicon?

I no longer need the PSU for my Omni 643 , God I love eBay !! I received today a very nice Omni 170B unit and I fired up my 643 and am very happy !

Does anybody have the total pinout for the DB-25 control interface for this unit ? I did get the interlock's and current points from the Melles website but not all the pins.

Very interesting that this PSU runs the 60X , 532 , 543 as well as the 643 .

Dave