Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Get together in January for Florida laser hobbyists.?.

Hey, do we have an audience maximum? Should we all sign waivers also? :roll: ops: It sux to bring it up, but... It is the 21st century, and we are Americans...

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

[http://clandestinesystems.com/backgroundmiscd.jpg]
    I have about 30 water cooled ion lasers. here is just a small sampling of the stockpile-
    Any questions :twisted: [/url]

we dont have a audience, private event by invitation only.

Right, but can I hand out a bus load of invitations? I may have two or three friends that might like to come.

Sorry buy I got to fix this.

Guess he's got gas lasers covered... Some of y'all must own stock in various power companies. My bill went up $50/month when I got my blue argon. That's why it was one of the first things to go up for sale when I got my blue dpss...

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny
    Smoley Hokes!!! Ok - I take back what I said about George's Krypton laser being a beast. Clearly, you already have several other beasts of your own!

I'm guessing that some of those lasers in the link above require 480v 3 phase to run? (Not to mention an ass-load of water cooling!)

What do you do for a living? I thought you were in the telecom industry? Do you do massive laser shows on the side, or do you just like to collect death rays? 8)

EDIT: Ahhh... After truncating the URL you used, I found your home page. OK - you're a pro; that explains a lot. (Looks like the website is under heavy construction at the moment though.)

Adam

PS: Link in original quote edited to parse URL correctly.

Link in original quote edited to parse URL correctly.
    Apart from the missing URL=

Jim

Hi Jimbo;

Yeah, his original post was written to show the entire paragraph as a clickable link to the picture he hosted on his website. But a small typo prevented the URL tag from working, which is why you see the URL code in his post. When I quoted it, I just repaired the tag so that the part I quoted still appeared as one single, clickable link top the picture.

Allthatwhichis did me one better by resizing the picture and hosting it on ImageShack! (Showoff!) Unfortunately, ImageShack is blocked by the firewall at work, so I had to wait 'till I got home to see what he did. (I was able to go straight to clandestiny's site though.)

And of course, if you ever want to know what the URL is but don't want to click the link to find out, you can always hover your mouse over the text for a few seconds and it will show up in the bar at the bottom of the window or as a fade-in help box next to your cursor. (Depending on which browser you're using...)

But yeah, the main site is http://clandestinesystems.com. And as for the picture of the monsterous ion lasers he has, well, all I can say is - WOW!

Adam

Paul, the more I see that avatar the funnier it gets. :lol: Was that a real episode or a parody? And after visiting your site, all I can say is where do I sign up?

Wow this looks like it is turning into a real "shindig!" As for me, unfortunately, I cannot confirm that I will be able to attend until a few days before the date and possibly not till the day of. So I would have to say, don't rely on me to bring anything that would be necessary for the event. Though, if I make it, I can bring two extra cheapy foggers, my whitelight and pangolin. I also may be able to borrow a friends hazer for the event. I believe it would be large enough to fill the room. I will bring some extra dough to throw in for some pizza though! Is there anyone that will be bringing a solid state white light projector that uses 660nm or 671nm for red? I'm really looking forward to compairing that to the 635nm red.

So, it looks like Saturday Jan 27th is going to be the best day, how about a time? Noon, 3pm?

David