Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Get together in January for Florida laser hobbyists.?.

Have been on Trance Energy and Sensation for the last 2 years in NL.
    AWSOME!!!

Whew, thanks to Lightglow, I'm not the youngest! 29 Amazing, I thought it would be the other way around...

David

I`m not the youngest
    Wait for spec to reply

I bet I have the most memorable birthday though.

4th July :lol:

Even though I'm not american.

Jim

Wow! So Jimbo can celebrate his birthday and the "rebellion day" at the same time! (Our independence was seen as our rebellion by England - I've got a neighbor from the UK that reminds me of this every 4th of July.)

Guess you don't do fireworks on your birthday though, eh Jimbo? Well, I guess you can do a laser show now though!

I usually do a pretty decent fireworks show in my front yard every 4th of July. (I live in one of the few states here where fireworks are legal.) In fact, we also shoot fireworks on New Years Eve, but this past year I didn't do anything because I had to be at work on New Years Day at 6 am. (No way I was going to stay up 'till midnight!)

There's a video in the gallery of my early experiments with some very cool mortar shells called "Powerballs". I haven't been able to find them anywhere, apart from the one time when they were available late last summer at a small fireworks shop near the boarder between North Carolina and South Carolina. (I suspect they exceed the allowable amount of explosive powder, and thus are no longer permitted to be imported.) But they sure pack a hell of a bang for the money! If you haven't seen the video yet, check it out. It's pretty damn funny.

Adam

I've never heard of it being called rebelion day, it's allways just been independance day and my birthday.
    It's my birthday that everybody celebrates :lol:

Jim

Hehe.. Yeah, the whole "rebellion day" bit was just my neighbor's way of trying to get on my nerves. But she was cool like that.

One day I went to visit her at the bank where she worked, and I was feeling a little depressed. As I turned to leave, she shouted out, "Keep your pecker up, Adam!"

Of course, in the UK this means "keep your nose up", or "keep your chin up", as in "be happy", etc.

However, over here, "pecker" is slang for "penis!" You should have seen the other people in the bank... They all gasped in unison! (As if I had erectile disfunction or something!) I gotta admit though, it cheered me up...

Adam

Excellent :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Yeah, my two foggers are both similar to the Walmart units. One of them makes a thick, rather opaque fog, while the other (a Chauvet) makes a nice thin fog that works really well with lasers. But they both only have 700 watt heaters in them, so they're limited as to how much fog they can make. I think even with all three of our foggers we'd be hard pressed to fill a room as big as the place Paul is talking about. But if Fred can bring his machine as well, then we should be OK.

Adam

PS: Just thought of something else: Is anyone a smoker? Reason I mention it is that meeting rooms like this are usually non-smoking venues... If so, that's always a good thing to talk about in advance.
    I will try hard to make it if I am not in Taiwan again
    If I make it I will bring two foggers and a stereo.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I will try hard to make it if I am not in Taiwan again
    I'm willing to go to taiwan for you if you'd like :lol: . Joking, of course.
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.