Thread: CNI and Western Union

Default CNI and Western Union

Has anybody had any reason to use Western Union when paying CNI?
    If I use my bank to do a wire transfer it takes them forever (Jian will tell you), if on the other hand if I use western union the transfer is pretty instant, although there are some risks.
    Are CNI worth the risk?

Jim

Hi jimbo
    Not sure what you mean by worth the risk ? CNI have been around for a long while and are part of a university research dept so are unlikely to run away with your cash , if thats what you mean .

Risk ? what you buying from them ? my experience of them is that although they are cheaper in a lot of ways they generall produce quite poor divergence on their laser modules , and have quite poor quality although that does seem to have improved this year ......but i have slowed down purchasing from them as i had years of pain with unreliable kit .I have mainly used viasho and CNI in past and have prety much stuck with viasho thru 06 due to far superior quality

Does any of that help

PAUL

It wasn't the CNI side of things that I was worried about, it was the western union that I have heard horror stories about.
    People sending money via WU and it being claimed by somebody else (I don't know how that can happen though).
    I ended up paying by wire transfer becauase Liu prefered it, less messing for her.
    It takes a little longer, but hey, I'm not expecting it before crimbo anymore :lol:

Jim