Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60W YAG on ebay

Default 60W YAG on ebay

CLICKY

250KG PSU is a bit of a beast though.

Holy crap thats a nice piece of kit and still cheap....will keep an eye on that as Im interested to see what it goes for - may even hava little bid

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Any idea what power and water flow this would need?

Water flow is anyones guess but pobably a few GPM - power it says single phase but I reckon you will still need 5 or 6 Kw maybe more - depends on arc lamp power. Not one for your bedroom

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I am still toying with getting a Laserscope 800 and converting it,
    They only need 32 amps and have a chiller built in, maybe this would be another option

Smile Re: 532 nm powerhouse on E-bay

Wow... Talk about a death ray! No way you'd want to fire that sucker up inside your house. You'd burn a hole in the wall in a matter of seconds! Guess you'd need a beamstop made of cinder blocks...

Still, it would be awesome to see that thing in operation. But a 250 kg power supply? Yikes! Someone bring a forklift.!.

I know the auction still has a couple days left, but the price seems pretty darned low for such a high power laser. Someone might end up getting a hell of a deal on that thing. (Did you notice that he offers free shipping to the US? That's got to cost him at least a couple hundred bucks based on the weight...)

Adam

Lightbulb

I think he picked the wrong setting in eBay. There is no way that shipping is free to the US... What color would that thing be, green?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yeah, 532 nm. Basically the same as the green in your projector, except that instead of a pump diode that thing uses a flashlamp.

Adam

It's only free because collection is the only option. eBay is not too bright at times, that's one of several silly logic flaws in its basic settings. Others involve buyers being able to set their own shipping costs for seller's shipments by hasty and incorrect completion of the 'checkout' process.

Is that laser really 532 nm? While the seller says it includes KTP which implies it might be, it also says 'needs modification' to do laser display. It's probably 1024 nm raw output. And far too big and expensive for me. And I'd go for a Laserscope too if I was up for something arc-driven. It is on the right side of the ocean though...

Other thought: If flashlamp and not constant arc, it might be no good for CW display, Sam recently mentioned in alt.lasers that a flashlamp can't be driven fast enough.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 08-25-2007 at 23:17.

I assumed that it produces pulsed output, and that's why he said "needs modification" to be used for light shows. But if it's got a KTP crystal it's got to be making 532 nm light. (Unless it's missing some other intra-cavity optics...)

I agree though - it's way to heavy. A Laserscope would be much better. Though I think they top out at around 40 watts, whereas this monster will make 60 watts (if the listing can be believed). Don't know what I'd do with 60 watts though. Probably set fire to my neighborhood!

Sure would be neat to see it in operation though!

Adam