Thread: Laser Control Software sections

Default Laser Control Software sections

Their doesnt seem to be that many type of laser control softwares around maybe 10 at most ? feel free to correct me on that .How about a forum section dedicated to software with a subsection for each available type , makes it easier to meet people using same softwarws and swap ideas about the various softwares and its uses and shortcuts improvements etc

Personally i find the softwares one of the hardest aspects of this hobby , learning and understanding all the controls and understanding what they doi and why .making it near impossible to compare softwares also...... sure i will get there eventually though 1

PAUL

That's a good idea! I'd recommend starting it off as one section and make subsections if the quantity of posts grows... It'd be nice to have a non-vendor owned forum for software tips/support... I can definitely see a "How can I _____ using _____" section taking off.

LaserFreak has this kind of thing. I think it does help, BUT, I am concerned with the number of individual forums. I think that more forums make a board harder to use. LaserFreak used to have far fewer individual forums and I thought it was better back then. Now, if you count the separate forums furhter seperated by languages, I bet there are 40 or more separate forums!! It's pretty hard to find what you are looking for...

Best regards,

William Benner

I'm working on a new software package and there are definitely a lot of variables. The good thing is that since I am doing it on my own I can do it right. No time lines or budgets that I need to meet. The bad thing is that I don't have a lot of time to spend on it.

Bill makes a good point. Even with the (relatively) few forums we have here on PhotonLexicon, there are times when someone asks a question in one forum that is being actively discussed in one of the other forums. Too much subdivision is a bad thing.

A good compromise might be to have a "software" sub-section of the laser light show forum, and leave the hardware discussions in the main light show forum.?.

Adam