Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangolin Pro card

Well, I left the choice to him. Either return it, or disable it in some way...

As I said, often returning it is more trouble than it's worth to the client...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Hi Guys,
    WOW, I never saw anyone display this kind of abuse in PUBLIC And now, some of the back story...

Ever since we released our LD2000 system, we offered a special upgrade pricing. The upgrade pricing is quite good -- nearly half of the price of a new purchase itself.

In order to receive the upgrade pricing, we required people to return their QM32 board when they receive the LD2000 system. We would then refurbish the QM32s, and sell them to our industrial clients who used ISA bus computers long after they were unavailable in the consumer market.

During 2002, a lot of our industrial clients stopped using the ISA bus, and started using PCI, so they started using our QM2000 platform at that time. So after that point in time, when people returned their QM32 to us, we would just put them on a shelf.
    You know...Some of us still have ISA PC's stock-piled in their homes...like me

I still shudder to think that those boards could still be put to good use
    They still have to be worth something, dont they?
    Or, was it, People were buying them up to get the upgrade cheaper?
    Ah well, Someday I will get a Pang system up, just cant do it right now..
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF