Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by weakstation View Post
    The PSU that I was supposed to get :
    Omnichrome model 170
    Serial # 2452
    Manufactured 11-21-95
    Configured for 643
    Hey Dave -

Check these pix - either look familiar?? Not sure if you ever GOT pix, but I just got fresh pix of the Argon w/PSU OPERATING from Steve day before yesterday - I'll reply and ask him for both the serials on the PSUs...

Also, RE:

I have almost completed my high vacuum station, finally getting turbo pumps , and will be ready to put together my long awaited dream , a HeSe laser. Looking to get at least 12 to 24 lines out of a possible 60 from violet through red with a nice clean round TEMoo beam.
    WOW - sounds like a very, very cool project... forgive the verification-question, but this would be Helium Selenium, correct?? I had a HeCd years ago, and it was cool... (but a lot of $$ for only like 15mW)

I worked at Eastman Kodak for a few years before getting into building systems / doing shows, etc, and this one scientist-friend there, had what HE SAID was a He-Ne-Cd (IF I remember correctly) with a TUNABLE grating-etalon - all I know is that it was NOT an Argon, and it was producing 442 thru 632, and it was really, really bitchin! MAYBE it was a HeSe??

What kind of power (mW) are you expecting to see? I'd imagine less than 100mW, all-lines...

Anyhoo, looking forward to chatting, and hopefully, getting some resolution for you on this.. peace..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06617.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Looks like it is the one on the bottom in the picture. Although he could have sold it already.

And yes , Helium Selenium. I hope to approach 100mw all lines with a resonator length of 36" .
    I will be very happy if I get at least 50mw :-)

The metal vapor laser will be forgiving in that I only need to handle one gas and the condensing metal on the tube walls will give a natural getter effect , no filaments to worry about contaminating and will be using simple high current Neon sign electrodes .

Building a HeSe or other metal vapor laser will be a lot more simple to do than an Argon tube regass this is for sure.

I have mustered up all the necessary components to do this over the past 3 years and finally have some nice turbomolecular pumps on the way. :-)

The pumps were the hardest thing to find as most surplus pumps still command >$3000 in as is no return condition without a controller.

I have thought of going with a diffusion pump but decided not to deal with the mess and the backstreaming issues involved with it.

What I really want is , lots of lines with a good beam profile and the HeSe from what I have been reading is going to suit me just fine :-)

Dave

Looks like it is the one on the bottom in the picture. Although he could have sold it already.

And yes , Helium Selenium. I hope to approach 100mw all lines...
    Hey Dave -

RE: Steve / PSU - will wait for your call-back so we can plan the 'approach' - FYI, last I spoke to him (like a week ago) he said that he HAS BOTH PSUs, so I will ask for pix of BOTH serial-plates, to confirm, and go from there...

And RE: HeSe - expect to see PIX when you get them!! -
    ciao for now...
    -J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I'd like to revive this thread to let folks know of another rip off artist on Ebay. Newgazer, who sells inferior, and defective RGB laser modules. They take advantage of the delay in shipping so they don't have to refund your money under warranty and will BS you with promises of satisfaction until your Ebay buyer protection has expired.
    AVOID GETTING RIPPED OFF! DO NOT BUY THIS GUY'S PRODUCT!

Thanks for the info glorocks, although it might do more good posting that on a new thread..

RE: Steve / PSU - will wait for your call-back so we can plan the 'approach' - FYI, last I spoke to him (like a week ago) he said that he HAS BOTH PSUs, so I will ask for pix of BOTH serial-plates, to confirm, and go from there...
    Since this thread has been reborn, as it were .. how did the "meeting" go Jon ?? Good news ? ..

Steve-o
    Thanks for the tip. New thread will be started.
    J

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of radio detectors as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
    Last edited by HoaScriven; 05-29-2014 at 21:46.

^ post reported :/

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    ^ post reported :/
    X2

And whilst we're waiting I'd be grateful if the scum sucking cretin "HoaScriven" would insert something sharp and rusty into his anal passage and twist it until he drowns, face down in the resulting torrent of blood and faeces.
    I thank you.