Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Need Laserscope guru. (possibly more..lol) Greenlight HPS

Does it require isotope or a mix? Thinking like hene ne22. That’s like 2k for a liter at 1 atm. Guess I should helium3 to that. Don’t even ask price if you can even buy it here.
    Last edited by kecked; 01-12-2019 at 19:41.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That's amazing!

5L capacity (at 1 atmoshpere) is basically a "CL" size cylinder. Roughly 7 inches in diameter and 21 inches tall. If you can get a tank that size filled to 150 bar (2200 psi) with pure Neon for $50, that's a super deal. Here in the USA that would cost somewhere around $1400 - $1600! (Note that when a CL cylinder is fully pressurized, that represents 750 liters of gas when expanded back to 1 atm.)

Example: A while back, Paul Berthot (Clandestiny) had me pick up a medical CVL from a seller here in Charleston and transport it down to Florida for him. When we got it down there and started playing around with it, Paul was *shocked* to see that the Neon tank was more than 1/2 full. (Had around 1300 PSI in the standard CL cylinder.) His comment at the time was: "Holy Crap - that's about $800 worth of Neon right there!" And this was 9 years ago...

That seems more in line with the prices I'm familiar with here. At $100 for 50 liters, a full CL cylinder (2200 PSI, so 750 liters total) would be $1500.

Adam

PS: Maybe we should start an import business? Buy the gas in Ukraine and sell it here? Of course, I don't know how many people are in the market for the stuff either...
    My tank of Isotopic Neon was 400$ last month for four litres.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...