Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Pro card

Default Pangolin Pro card

Hi folks!

Just wanna share theese pictures of my Pangolin Pro card (QM32 Pro)

This is hardcore pictures..

Yes..you are looking on REAL pictures..no fake!!

ENJOY IT!!

My pangolin Pro card (everyone wants pangolin hardware.)

Damn...I broke it in to to pices!! Was I angry for some frame errors???

This really hurts!! Just look at it!!

I am not crazy (yet?)
    hehehe..

Reason for this stunt...
    I am getting the Pangolin LD2000 Pro card soon and I had to destroy my old Pangolin Pro card.
    So this is my proof of destroying it. Sad but true!!

OMG , I cant look at that !!!

I hope its worth all the trouble?

I'm guessing an insurance claim?
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

lol soon to be on ebay and shipped in the flat rate envelope

Hehe, thats pretty funny about the board though. I need a qm32 cable really badly, get up with pangolin and see if its ok to sell and or give away the cable

I already checked with pangolin, they dont have any

You had to destroy your card? and needed proof of that? Why? Pangolin wouldn't let you have both cards? I'm shocked

Please explain :P
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

hehe,

out with the old, in with the new
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Yea man, a lil more caption with those pictures... :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi Guys,

WOW, I never saw anyone display this kind of abuse in PUBLIC And now, some of the back story...

Ever since we released our LD2000 system, we offered a special upgrade pricing. The upgrade pricing is quite good -- nearly half of the price of a new purchase itself.

In order to receive the upgrade pricing, we required people to return their QM32 board when they receive the LD2000 system. We would then refurbish the QM32s, and sell them to our industrial clients who used ISA bus computers long after they were unavailable in the consumer market.

During 2002, a lot of our industrial clients stopped using the ISA bus, and started using PCI, so they started using our QM2000 platform at that time. So after that point in time, when people returned their QM32 to us, we would just put them on a shelf.

Often times, we hear that it is a problem to return the QM32 to Pangolin. Some countries have strong export laws and such, or it is just inconvenient to find a shipping company. Since, after our industrial clients stopped using them, our main concern is that these boards would not be re-sold on eBay or the like (thus giving the original customer a double-benefit), we just tell people to destroy the QM32.

Most customers have fun with it. I have seen people drive over them with a Range Rover, and other similar things. People send me the pictures by email as verification. Some customers express a concern about wanting to keep it for "spare parts", and we don't object. I just tell them to break it near the memory connector or something, so that it wouldn't hurt the parts, but would disable the board.

It is only recently that I realize the horror that some customers feel at the mere suggestion of such destruction... People who have used the QM32 for a long time have apparently grown quite an attachment. WOW, it never would have occurred to me that people have an emotional attachment to something that I designed. That's quite an honor guys!!

Best regards,

William Benner

Thats right William!
    I know this is a really hard for me to do!! Damn, this is a PANGOLIN PRO card!!
    allmost cried! hehe
    Still...I may regret this someday (I allready do)

dream beamz:
    Cable is in good condition, I can sell it to you. No problem. Have no clues what to take for it?
    I will post in on ebay soon if none in here want to buy it.
    I live in Norway and shipping for the cable will be 40usd worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    WOW, it never would have occurred to me that people have an emotional attachment to something that I designed.
    Have you ever met Jay Miner? (He's one of the engineers that helped design the Commodore Amiga; some say he was THE most important engineer on the team.) Back in the late 80's and early 90's he was idolized as a God by the Amiga fanboy goups. (And in my book he's still brilliant as hell.) Many of the old die-hard Amiga fans still collect (and use) hardware that he designed, despite the fact that it is completely out of date these days.

So yeah, if you design good product that does what nothing else can, it's not uncommon for the users to become emotionally attached to it and by association to the designer as well.

I discovered a brand of ball point pen (the Slinger, made by Parker) about 20 years ago that I just loved. I've been buying them ever since. Unfortunately, they're getting harder and harder to find, so last year when I discovered an on-line vendor in Florida had several boxes of them on the shelf, I bought every last one they had (53 pens, to be exact.) I figure they should last me a few decades at least.

Adam

Ever since we released our LD2000 system, we offered a special upgrade pricing. The upgrade pricing is quite good -- nearly half of the price of a new purchase itself.
    If I had one of those, I would send it to the stake to be burned for witchcraft practicing. After all, some people say it does magic :lol: .

Anyways, thanks for clarifying, now I understand why such destruction had to take place
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.