Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin ScannerMax

I figured they wouldn't be that cheap.

A guess....$2599.00 a pair sans supplies.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

100K at what angle? What load?

I saw 60K scanning in 199X or early 2000s by 6800s with a modified Turbotrack Amp. By no Less then one W.R. Benner at a conference in Canada. A Quadmod with modified code was running TWO Showtime shows at the same time side by side on ONE pair, and nearly flicker free. You could send your amps down to Florida for the mod, for a fee. We could also discuss the mythical 100K water cooled 6800s.

So I could turn this around and say what took so long to get another 20K or 40K?

I still hate "Coming Soon" marketing.

----------

As for missing SELEM, regretable but unavoidable. However the exigencies of the university prevail.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-13-2013 at 19:52.

I too have been eagerly awaiting these, but I am not too hopeful re the production date. The marketing hype has nothing to do with my doubts just P's history of missing anticipated deadlines. There is no black magic here as they are compact with low inertia and use a lot'a watts. I am convinced based on the presentation in Aug. that they will be very good. The big question is when and the bigger question is how much.

A guess....$2599.00 a pair sans supplies.
    Why?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Are we up to 60 volts per rail yet? 2500$ is a tad more then the typical pricing for a really high end galvo pair. Makes for a good estimate.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    100K at what angle? What load?

I saw 60K scanning in 199X or early 2000s by 6800s with a modified Turbotrack Amp. By no Less then one W.R. Benner at a conference in Canada. A Quadmod with modified code was running TWO Showtime shows at the same time side by side on ONE pair, and nearly flicker free. You could send your amps down to Florida for the mod, for a fee. We could also discuss the mythical 100K water cooled 6800s.

So I could turn this around and say what took so long to get another 20K or 40K?

I still hate "Coming Soon" marketing.

----------

As for missing SELEM, regretable but unavoidable. However the exigencies of the university prevail.

Steve
    I'm interested in this (the mod and mythical 100k 6800s).
    Could you hit me up more info about this?

I got the feeling that they would be cheaper than the current top end scanners, from the last round of Bill's discussions.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Pj, for your info; There are quite a few guys with CT and GS scanners who have been running much higher speeds for many years. Lobo in germany have the fastest scanners I saw to date, I saw them live and those were if I remember General scanning G124s running much faster than any of my CT6210HPs, and was about 7 years ago.

All our scanners seam to be capable to go much faster if using the right drivers.

I buy CT or Eye magic, because these are field proven for at least 10 years.

Let's see some proof, photos or any other evidence of these new space age things that were impossible for anyone else to make.

Pj, this thread smells of marketing spam, maybe it was better to put it in the general info threads.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I got the feeling that they would be cheaper than the current top end scanners, from the last round of Bill's discussions.
    Yes. Last February at a LEM with Bill when we all talked at length about these, the anticipated pricepoint was going to fall between mid range scanners such as DT's and high end such as the CT6215's. Better and more affordable was the plan. That was a year ago so, I don't know if that's changed but, naturally you want to hit the right pricepoint where you'll sell a bunch. I'm sure anybody could, with enough R&D make better scanners than Cambridge but, if they're $5000 a set, who gives a damn?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm sure anybody could; with enough R&D make better scanners than Cambridge but, if they're $5000 a set, who gives a damn?
    Agreed, but CT are not that expensive. Maybe just out of the reach of the local DJ which exists are a hell of a lot of now with pretty powerful Lasers.

I think anyone who enters the scanner market now will have to be just a little over the price of DT40s to attract the hobby market because it is doubtful any serious companies will risk new scanners on any serious show for a few years.

Facts are CT and EMS DO have a good track record for the pro market already and EMS are not much more expensive than DTPro.

Dragon tiger do indeed have a good track record for the hobby market and some say they are too expensive.

So any new ones need to cost around 600 dollars or to be 200k and expensive. There is no middle place.
    Last edited by andyf97; 01-14-2013 at 07:38. Reason: many spelling errors like usual