Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin ScannerMax

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Unusual????? Have you never seen CT6215's?????
    Not in the flesh, no.

Edit: Looked them up, they're very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    unusual????? Have you never seen ct6215's?????
    bwahhahahahahahahahaha :d
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Finally, a scanner mount with decent heatsinking that I did not have to make in a machine shop. Or scrap from a LFI system.
    I get the feeling those puppies will run hot.

Steve

Nothing unusual about that block, we use some similar that can be reversed for left or right beam entry.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Looking good so far. Unusual block shape.

I wonder aesthetically if the top of the block should have the edges chamfered to match the sides or maybe curves all round?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ct6215 mount:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ct-6215hp_mount_galvos.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	36846
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It will be nice to hear an actual price and see the size of the drivers. My biggest bitch on the 6215 is the size of the heatsinks needed for the drivers. Yea the drivers are small but they need massive heatsinking same with the scanners. I want a complete scanner set with drivers that does a solid 45kps (so it runs 30kps well) that fits into a 5-6" square no higher than about 3-4 inches that requires no additional heatsinking or any fans at all. Then combine that with all solid state lasers drivers and supplies so the whole thing is 12"x12" by 6" high cube weighing just a few pounds doing say 250-500mw of balanced whitelight with perfect pcaom modulation like performance.

This should be possible now today.

Scanners about $2500.00
    Lasers and optics $1000.00
    Case and supplies and all $500.00

4k cost 30kps perfect modulation and balanced 250mw color mix weighing less than 5 lbs in 1'x1'x 0.5' box all varianced and ready to go. Oh and a beam at 20' feet out tha tis no more than 5mm wide with perfect over lapping beams

Sounds like my old Ar/He combination except for the size and weight and power and noise. So Yes bring me back my old setup quality but in solid state modern form factor. I'm done chasing power now I want quality.....again.

The photograph is nice, but the performance is unknown. Along with the model @ the booth do they provide any specs? Better yet a demo of it operating? Is Cambridge there? And Nutfield?

There has been a long anticipation for this release and Pangolin has been very quiet about these scanners since Bill stated @ SELEM in August that "they have to be ready by P. West". What I would be disappointed to hear is that there have been some setbacks and the physical motors are displayed in the mount, but the delivery and cost of an operational system is indefinite. What are they saying?

If we take the performance graph in the spec PDF on their website at face value (which we won't, but for sake of inquiry let's take those values as stated for a moment), what does that translate to in terms of Kpps for the 8 degree ILDA pattern? Can we fill in the blank: "these are ____Kpps scanners."

Tribble,

OK, If the data is accurate then these may be the BEST SCANNERS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE. I didn't notice that the invitation had a link to the web site which gives a spec sheet. Thanks.

Look at the Cambridge website and run through the different motors available. If you look at rotor inertia and torque constant these are right up there with the best Cambridge has to offer, but then look at the resistance/inductance. These are as low as or lower than the best. Now compare the thermal resistance and it's a lot lower than the best, so more power can be sent through these motors.

I am an advocate for ignoring kpps because kpps is the product of each of these specific properties. There is no magic. If the rotor is lighter, the magnetic force/A is greater and you can pump more A's through it then the motor is better and faster. The kpps obviously depends on mirror size, but if I remember correctly, the best scanner currently available with a typical mirror size is a true 60kpps @ 8 degrees. Then these are somewhere above that.

I am still worried, however that these are not actually ready/available with the appropriate drivers. And the cost is ????

Thanks for the leads and rationale, planters! I will try to look those numbers up and compare.

Cost is going to be an interesting equation. I guess the question really is what the market will support and what the demand for the performance level they offer is. I've been trying to figure that out but I just don't have the data. How big is the lightshow market? How big is the industrial market? Does industry need faster than they have today? How much is it worth to them? Everything I've read about the lightshow market is "you don't need faster than 30k, all the art is optimized for 30k anyway." Not that I ever necessarily bought that argument, but it will be interesting to see the spin now that Pangolin (err, subdivision thereof) is in the scanner market. How long until we see "HD laser show!"?

As for availability... I guess we're just going to have to wait and see. :\