Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin ScannerMax

Default Pangolin ScannerMax

Last edited by masterpj; 01-14-2013 at 00:25. Reason: update with more info every now and then.

Very noice! , Me Like!
    Philipp Wetter

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Yawn, Just Marketing speak.. Building hype. Just show me a datasheet and a test video, my boss wont pay for a trip to Kali...
    I buy things based on performance, not social marketing drool...

Love the people on that page who have not seen the specs and price and are already convinced they need new galvos.

Steve

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hey... this has been a long time coming, Steve. If this is "actually" finally a reality that Pango has scanners to look at, and they are truly going to be on display in a few short weeks, it's still cause for a little excitement, spec sheet or not. There are a number of people, myself included that have held off on any galvo purchase until we can actually set eyes on these.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Yawn, Just Marketing speak..
    No, it's quite a bit more than that. Granted, you weren't at SELEM in 2012, so you missed Bill's presentation on these units, but I figured you would have heard about them by now from all the chatter from the rest of us who were in attendance. Rest assured that they are very real, and will offer roughly a 30% improvement in speed over the current state of the art.

Bill told us that they would be demoing these scanners in February, 2013, and that they had already purchased enough key components to assemble several thousand units. So this is not some pipe-dream. It's a real product, and people at Photonix West will be able to put their hands on them. My guess is that they'll be ready to take orders very soon thereafter.
    Love the people on that page who have not seen the specs and price and are already convinced they need new galvos.
    As Brad already mentioned, the performance of these scanners has already been discussed in considerable detail, and several people (myself included) have been holding off on buying any scanners until these units are released.

It's a shame you missed SELEM last year Steve. There were several cool things you would have loved to see...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    No, it's quite a bit more than that. Granted, you weren't at SELEM in 2012, so you missed Bill's presentation on these units, but I figured you would have heard about them by now from all the chatter from the rest of us who were in attendance. Rest assured that they are very real, and will offer roughly a 30% improvement in speed over the current state of the art.

Bill told us that they would be demoing these scanners in February, 2013, and that they had already purchased enough key components to assemble several thousand units. So this is not some pipe-dream. It's a real product, and people at Photonix West will be able to put their hands on them. My guess is that they'll be ready to take orders very soon thereafter.

As Brad already mentioned, the performance of these scanners has already been discussed in considerable detail, and several people (myself included) have been holding off on buying any scanners until these units are released.

It's a shame you missed SELEM last year Steve. There were several cool things you would have loved to see...

Adam
    All of this ^

Mixedgas you should maybe inform at various sources before just calling it a hype.
    Hypining something and then presenting something that does not hold up to the hype is not wise and pangolin hasn't done that as of yet.

I have not bought new galvo's for the reason I knew this was coming soon.
    Last edited by masterpj; 01-09-2013 at 10:23.

There's a website....

I've heard all sorts of rumors. From 60K to 125K. Only price I heard was 100$.

Guess we'll see in the morning!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

all products are hype until they hit the market and are independently verified.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    All of this ^

Mixedgas you should maybe inform at various sources before just calling it a hype.
    Hypining something and then presenting something that does not hold up to the hype is not wise and pangolin hasn't done that as of yet.

I have not bought new galvo's for the reason I knew this was coming soon.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Steve. Back to the basement.....I'm have it on good knowledge your going to love these. Can't tell yea but wow! I'm getting in line for a pair. Think lasermame full speed no flicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlenox View Post
    There's a website....

I've heard all sorts of rumors. From 60K to 125K. Only price I heard was 100$.

Guess we'll see in the morning!
    That's the actuator (VRAD-1510) website (and $99 price). These are not the XY scanners & they won't be $100...
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon