Thread: Lep-laser.de LASERWORLD EBAY SELLER

Default Lep-laser.de LASERWORLD EBAY SELLER

I bought laserworld PRO-3100RGB projector from Ebay. ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=390506871953 ) It should be 2.2W guaranteed power : red 650nm, >1500mW green 532nm >500mW blue 473nm >200mW. when i turned it on it didn't look bright enough so i contacted seller and they told me to open it. When i checked outputs from diodes (synard power wizard) i only got 47mW of green, 1200mW red. blue was 204mW so OK. when i contacted seller they replied: I specially tested the laser before shipping, and everything worked. But I can meet with a new GREEN-500 module. This normally costs 627 EUR (approx. 510 GBP). I'd like to sell this module goodwill at cost price of 439 EUR (357 USD) plus shipping. Thus you will have a new module.

What do you think?

- lep-laser_de Does anyone have experiance with this seller? What do you think i should do? Thanks

Ah Laserworld, Ebay and Guarantee ; The Forsaken Trinity

Demand your money back while/if you still can, and buy something decent!

Sorry to be so harsh, but these are the risk when you buy equipment online you haven't had chance to put you hands on.
    A serious projector reseller will test power and document/photograph his measurements before shipping.

How did you power the laser when you tested the power? A constant 5v source or from a DAC? Make sure you not modulating the beam when measuring, particularly on DPSS heads.

However, assuming it is below spec, it is clearly not as described. Offering to sell you a laser to correct the power rating is not right.

As has been said, send it back, get your money back, and then ask here about what you should/could buy with your money.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

How did you power the laser when you tested the power? A constant 5v source or from a DAC?
    I connected quickshow fb3 to laser and used target beam function. (?should be 100%power if I'm right?) So I'm sending it back. I'm sorry i didn't find this forum before i went for laserworld. Hopefully i will get my money back and then buy something advised by guys on this forum (maybe 5w from Winnie?)

No, the FB3 will not give you full power on a single beam, because it modulates the lasers all the time.
    If you cannot attach a constant 5v source to the laser, the best you can do is to project the LaserMedia test pattern (included in QS, on the projector settings page) with zero size. However, if your green modulates poorly, it will still show a lot less power.
    In my experience I can get a power reading of at least 85% of full power using the Lasermedia pattern.

You need to ensure you are measuring them properly before you send them back, otherwise you will not have a case against the seller.

Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.