Thread: WOW, Santa was good

Default WOW, Santa was good

Looks like I behaved this past year, as santa thought me worthy of a set of galvos . Just what I was hoping for this christmas .

Anyway, I'm exited to have this things now, so brace yourselves for the barrage of questions that will follow (in the apropriate forum, of course )

Hope y'all enjoyed your presents as much as I did.

And, thanks santa (SPEC)
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

I got one of those cheapo sound activated spaghetti laser shows. I was going to build one to supplement my garage laser show so it saves me some work. Very nice.

jkiaser;

What scanners did you get, the DT-40's?

Also, which DAC are you planning to use to run them? Just curious...

Adam

Yes, they're the plain DT-40s, I think, not the pro's. I got them form spec, who kindly held on to them until we could figure out a way to have them shipped my way. I finally got my hands on those puppies

As for the DAC, I have the easylase and mamba 2004. I haven't played with mamba too much, as I had problems with the installation. Never bothered to try and fix it though, as I didn't have the galvos to really test the DAC/galvo combination. I used the trial version of black, though, to get a feeling for what it could do.

Now, all I have to do is build my new computer (have everything with me right now), install everything on it (including the mamba and easylase), build my scanner and test it so I can post some pics. I know people will ask for pics, so don't worry, they will arrive sooner or later

I'll keep you posted

Yikes! Sounds like you've got some work to do then, buddy! Still, it should be great when you get it all working. (Good thing it's over a holiday - sounds like you'll need a few days to get everything put together...)

Keep up informed!

Adam

Well, after some work, and some cursing, the computer is up and running. Still lots of work to do, especially installing the software, but that'll be a work in progress. Programs will be installed as needed

As for the projector, well, tomorrow is another day :P . I'll see what I can do tomorrow.