Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have exp w/ P.A.W.N. P4 / P5 Projectors?

Question Anybody have exp w/ P.A.W.N. P4 / P5 Projectors?

Has anybody had any experience with P.A.W.N.'s P4 or P5 projectors?

Specs and pricing seem pretty good, plus all signs point to them being certified in the US, but a search on here for their products didn't yield any results, so I'm curious.

Thanks!

Todd Keebs

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If its whom I think it was, PAWN was out of Philly. Probably one offs, custom made. Without pics, we can't help you much.

Please post pics.

Steve

Lightbulb

hello Todd -

Hmm.. not much turns-up, 'approval-wise', here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!searchR...p=true;ns=true - Perhaps you can find something else, with other Co. / brand-name, etc search-terms?

..also, it (fairly) must be stated that the 'managing guy', there, was, awhile back (..can't seem to find the profile / post - maybe it got 'sanitized'?..) hawking a *used* Laser Quantum Elite 5 Watt Green, here on PL, for.. wait for it.. *$35,000.00*, USD, (which was about $10K more than they sold-for, new, from the OEM, in the UK.. and.. the post clearly-showed 'sales-pix' of the head / cavity *open* to the nekkid-air, (!) in what looked like a... living-room (?), maybe?.. so, just based on that one post, alone - me, personally? - I think you'll be *far* better-off looking at verifiably-certified US Manufacturers like X-Laser (USA), CT Lasers, and even now GK Photonics, representing the 'Kvant'-line of projectors here in the US.. Best to do-biz with a Co. that has a very-well established track-record of *post-sale support* - that's the magic-ticket.. anyone can just 'sell you a box'...

Dos centavos...
    cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks Steve and Jon,

Yes, it is PAWN from Philly. After talking with them a bit more, it seems they haven't sold their units much so far and have only built them for their own uses.

I'll post some pics and details up that I have a bit later for sure.

And yeah, Jon, your advice is well taken and probably good to follow. Thanks for the info. I'll update this thread with some more information soon, though for now I have another, more pressing issue I need to post about :P

Todd

We don't sell & we don't rent, as our FAQ page states:

http://www.laserlightshow.org/faq-.html

Do you Sell Laser show equipment?
    No. There are strict FDA, FAA, and DoD Laws in the USA which previous clients disregard. Additionally, previous clients also disregard maintenance, cleaning, and operational safety instructions.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

16 trillion colors?
    licensed by the FAA?

Quote Originally Posted by pawnlasers View Post
    We don't sell & we don't rent, as our FAQ page states:

http://www.laserlightshow.org/faq-.html

Do you Sell Laser show equipment?
    No. There are strict FDA, FAA, and DoD Laws in the USA which previous clients disregard. Additionally, previous clients also disregard maintenance, cleaning, and operational safety instructions.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    16 trillion colors?
    licensed by the FAA?
    RE: 16 trillion colors?
    ...Yes, the software pangolin states, "capable of 16 trillion colors" ...as it also did in 1998 when we were changing colors with a PCAOM - poly-acoustic-optic-modulator crystal.

RE: licensed by the FAA?
    ...as in "layman's terms" to non-industry professionals & clients. To all on Photonlexicon, or laser show professionals, as understood "Notifications" and "Show Approvals."
    Last edited by pawnlasers; 03-22-2017 at 10:20. Reason: spelling error

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

not seeing that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.53.41 PM.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	51902

...Yes, the software pangolin states, "capable of 16 trillion colors" ...as it also did in 1998 when we were changing colors with a PCAOM - poly-acoustic-optic-modulator crystal.

...as in "layman's terms" to non-industry professionals & clients. To all on Photonlexicon, or laser show professionals, as understood "Notifications" and "Show Approvals."
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Umm, no -
    In "layman's terms", licensed by the FAA would likely indicate to most folks that you're a pilot - something I am VERY familiar with.
    Since FAA doesn't license laser shows or their operators...

If you actually stated you follow all FAA "Notifications" and "Show Approvals" you would probably actually sound a bit more "professional"

Then there is the 16 trillion color reference, as swami highlights...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

FAA, 16 trillion colors. This is gold Jerry!