Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Ishow 2.0

Default Advice on Ishow 2.0

I'm trying to create a show with mostly beam effects and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. All its given me the option for is animations and then Chinese symbols. I also can't figure out how to change the speed of the effects.
    Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hello Michaell,

Welcome to the PL forum. I only used iShow for a very short time about 8 years ago and found it wasn't worth the time and effort. Assuming that you will eventually get frustrated as well, you may find it worth your time to review the other 10+ laser show software packages out there. These packages are discussed and compared several times a year in this section. You could begin by reading some of these posts for additional information for what would be best for you.

Completing your profile including your location is also appreciated and helps others to point you to local resources when possible.

Again, welcome to the forum!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

It's all I can afford for now, I have a Phoenix demo, but it doesn't recognize my USB Box.

Its very annoying, without a doubt. But I'm just trying to make simple shows.
    But does anybody know how to make the animations and designs on the "quickplay" screen to go into the edit show part? There is a lot of those I want to use in a show, but I don't know how to get them there.

I'm not understanding the Segment edit either... what is that even for?
    The instructions are not helpful.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Spaghetti works with the iShow DAC. It's pretty cheap too, and it's a good program. Not a lot of functions, but certainly very adequate for show creation. It's pretty straightforward to use.

There's also LSX. It's more expensive, and I don't think it works with iShow so you would need another DAC as well (not that that is a bad thing). But, it's LSX!

(Hint: everyone is going to try to convince you to ditch iShow)

I'll look into the Spaghetti. I don't have any events coming up, I'm just playing around to see what my laser can do.
    I just got to figure this crap out.
    It makes very little sense.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i would second cmb's suggestion of LSX. it's very feature rich.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Spaghetti works with the iShow DAC. It's pretty cheap too, and it's a good program. Not a lot of functions, but certainly very adequate for show creation. It's pretty straightforward to use.

There's also LSX. It's more expensive, and I don't think it works with iShow so you would need another DAC as well (not that that is a bad thing). But, it's LSX!

(Hint: everyone is going to try to convince you to ditch iShow)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

What about the speed? Can you change the speed of the shows you make?

on the ishow.
    i honestly cannot afford anything more than I show right now.

I appreciate the sentiments, and believe me, I do agree this is a crappy program.
    But can anybody help me with how to put the graphics as a segment on the show? I also can't figure out how to control the duration of the segments.. can anybody help with that? I just want mostly beams, decent beams, but they just jump.
    It also keeps crashing.

Any advice would be appreciated!