Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: need help planning my projector

Slowly rotate that potentiometer thats inline with the inputs clockwise till you get a decent projection square, If I remember correctly: its a little less than half of a turn for a good *square* 20 degree projection.

yeah, I tried that, but it's no good. As I said, one of the galvos moves more than the other. Instead of a square its producing more like a rectangle. And the weird thing is the shape of the projection changes a bit over time. I don't know how to explain that well, as I haven't experimented much with it yet. I'll do that tomorrow, it's getting late now, and I can't think straight. Not that I ever do though :P
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Hi jimbo

I was a bit shcked when you said that

I know the medialas usb box freezes quite regularly with my mamba black.
    To sort it out I go to start/controlpanel/system/device manager, delete com port 4 (the one that mamba black creates), unplug the usb box and power, restart mamba black, plug the box back in and power it up.
    Mamba Black then reloads the com port and it works fine
    wel i have been running Mamba Black for over a year and have never have the easylase box crash .... infact it has been the most reliable and stable bit of software/hardware that i have had .....

maybe i have been very very lucky ....

or you may have had some hardware conficts that have caused some issues ....

well my laptop is being put to the test on sunday as it will be running.....

Mamba black and a usb keyboard for live show
    PCDJ
    and PCDJ karaoke

and a usb mouse
    a usb external hard drive with all the mp3s on

so i think i must test all this first

oh ....we will see what happens

all the best .... KARL

Default Mamba Black issues

I remember Fred saying that Mamba Black did not like WinAmp if used for playback. If you use the default music playback setting (that is, let it use the windows media player), then you have no problems. But if you start using Winamp to play the music, then you end up with timing issues towards the latter part of the show, and eventually you'll start experiencing random crashes. I think Fred also had a problem with one of his anti-virus programs interfering with Mamba Black.

However, once he got rid of the anti-virus program and stopped using winamp to playback the audio, he never had another crash, and the timing has been rock solid.

Note also that if you want to have the waveform displayed at the bottom of the editor timeline, you need to have Winamp installed on the computer. (You don't need to be using it for playback, but you need to have it installed because Mamba uses one of the standard Winamp plugins to display the waveform.)

Also, at least with the 1.61 version of Mamba Black, you could NOT use the latest version of Winamp to display the waveform. You needed to use version 5.07 or something earlier. I was helping Fred get it set up, and we tried to get it to work with version 5.24 (which was the latest version of Winamp available at that time), and it would never show the waveform.

But it worked fine on another machine, so we finally decided to check the version number of Winamp on that one, and sure enough, it was an older version. (5.04 or something) We've gotten it to work with up to version 5.07, but I don't know how new you can go before it stops working...

Then again, maybe the newest version of Mamba Black (1.71) managed to repair that particular bug...

Adam

I have winamp 5.32 on this machine.

It may be a hardware problem though as I use the MediaLas USB rather than the Easylase, I thought that when I bought it there would be less compatability issues if I was using a box designed by the Mamba team.

I have installed an earlier set of plugins today but wont get the chance to test it until tonight.

I'll also put an earlier version of winamp on too.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Jim

Hi jim

as far as i know ..... the MediaLas USB is exactly the same PCB as the the Easylase

Medialase just buy the board from Joechim and put it in a fancy box so hardware wise they should be identical

now i wont put my life on that but im fairly sure that is the case

all the best .... Karl

I don't think my galvos are working adequately. I tested them again, this time with a simple circle and the result was more like a line. A square turned out as a very squashed ellipse. And at times it would stop scanning for a very short time, only visible as a simple, bright dot outside the "normal" line of the ellipse. When I tried the ilda test pattern it was all messed up, no recognizable parts from it, and the galvos started making a clacking noise (with the other figures it was more like a high pitched hum).
    I took a video of it all, but the battery went dead when I was transferring it into my computer. I'll see if I can upload it to youtube or something like that. Although, for some reason the sound did not make it into the video.

If the easylase is this board, then its different from the medialas box at the bottom of the page.

Jim

ps I'm off out soon so I'll let you know how I get on.[/url]

here's the link for the video I shot. The first pattern is supposed to be a circle, the second a square and the last the ilda test pattern. Notice that on the first and second, the galvos stop working for a very brief period, as evidenced by the laser spot on the upper left corner of the screen.

the ilda is kinda short because the galvos werw producing a clacking noise, and I didn't dare keep them running like that (i don't know whether that sound is normal, though).

Any comments appreciated

Whoa. Clacking is bad...

Please try the video link again, i need to see whats going on.