Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with DAC0832 (popelscan)

Default Need help with DAC0832 (popelscan)

I built the DAC0832 for Popelscan. It has 4 pots on it. Could someone tell me how to adjust them?

Also, could someone send me a file that I can use with Popelscan to test my DAC?

Also, the sooner the help the better! I have my DAC hooked to my computer and my oscope so I am ready to go!

Thanks,
    Gary

Are you looking for a full color or mono mot file? I have a Dark Side of the Moon one that I made by tracing a picture of the album cover. It's OK, pretty good to align your colors with. I have no idea what the pots do. I bought my popelscan DAC off jgee_83. He should be able to assist you.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I just sent you an email with a zip file of 5 mots. Each one is a different greatful dead bear.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with them. I sort of figured out the pots. Gain and offset.

Well my DAC has a problem. It sort of works if I stay in the upper left quadrant. But if I move X to far to the right or Y too far down my output voltage jumps back to the start. Example. If I tell the DAC to draw from left to right, the output voltage increases to a point and then jumps back down again then starts to go back up.

Since it happens on both X&Y I'm thinking there is an input bit that isn't changing when it should but I checked all the wiring over. I also checked my computer cable to have all 25 wires pass through. I am using EPP port (output only).

Any idea?

Do you have a schematic? Could you please post it? It will be a lot easier to help if i have an idea what the circuit is..

Chad

I am not sure where to post the schematic. I can email it to you. It is called dac wandler + 2ttl and a lot of people are using it.

That would be fine

Chad

The circuits are in this thread.

Jimbo

Problem solved. Just a bad connection.