Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Safetyscan lens holder, anyone developed one yet?

jim your a tit !
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Practice makes perfect Andy, try it

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I emailed Bill yesterday for the schematics and he asked for the thread details where it was revealed (here!), I believe so that he can post the details for everyone, rather than servicing individual requests.

Watch this space
    Thanks! I didn't get a chance to ask him about it. I also hope I quoted correctly. ('m sure Bill will correct me if I didn't!) He DOES know I'm in for five more lenses though... so hopefully he'd be forgiving if I didn't.

Edit... Ok, I went back and listened. They ARE making it and will be selling it as a kit but... he did say they would put the engineering plans on the web for anyone that wanted to make it themselves. It attaches to the projector using VHB tape which is supposed to be really strong stuff. What he showed in person was the metal holder for the lens but showed a schematic for the remainder with thumbscrews for accomplishing the other degrees of freedom.

Regardless, it was the best solution I have seen and in the end, even though US audience scanning is hard to accomplish so it's a bit of a waste of money here in the states, from a personal viewing standpoint and the added measure of safety... I want some.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-19-2013 at 14:46.

Hi All,

Thanks Norty for bringing this thread to my attention.

It's true that Pangolin is making our own mounts now for the SafetyScan lenses. (Basically, took some time away from scanner development to design the mounts.) And it's also true that we're providing full engineering plans for anyone interested in making their own mount as well.

For people who want to obtain both lenses and mount from a single source, we can be that source. But for those who are do-it-yourselfers, or want to modify our mount, that's no problem too. We stand ready to assist you.

We've updated the SafetyScan Manual and also provided a link to a zip file with all of the engineering files. You'll find both of these on our SafetyScan web page, on the left side under "Related pages" and you'll also find the engineering plans near the topic heading "How to incorporate the SafetyScan lens". The page is here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/SafetyScanLens/

Let us know if you need anything else, but I'll also remind everyone that I don't get around to PL much any more, so email is preferred.

Best regards,

William Benner