Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie needs help!!!

Thanks again for the reply. They included three jumpers and one power connector with the laser module. One end of the jumpers had a connector that didn't fit the PT-ITRUST card so I cut it off and soldered them to the pins. I tried to be very careful about the polarity and shorts(very careful)but I guess "MURPHY" showed up. I posted in the LASERS, ALL KINDS section some pics of the circuit board on the laser module. As you can understand I don't want to fry another module. The module works fine connected to a 12v supply. The beam is a bright whitish/blue and it's hot too. Melted some black plastic. Didn't know 400mW would do that. Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I now have my projector working. Since I was soldering my connections to the ITRUST board I crossed one of the wires. It is still in crude form and needs some adjustments. I am also building a case. Anybody have templates for DB25 cutouts? Will be looking into some software too. Thanks for everyones help.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Hi 2Tall,

Regarding the PT-iTrust card, I have them installed in several different projector configurations and haven't had any difficulty with any of them in DMX mode or when connected to a DAC via the ilda connector. Do you need the instructions for the card as well? If so, I will get you a PDF. If you intend to control the card via DMX or by a DAC, the first 9 dip switches are for the DMX address and dip switch 10 needs to be set to on. Otherwise the dip switches control the mode, such as audio or auto.

That card supports TTL or analog modulated lasers (0-5v) with no issues in my experience. Of course the card is not necessary if you connect your lasers and scanners directly to the ilda connector.

David
    Can you send me an instruction PDF? Thank you very much, my email is abbyleem3@yahoo.com.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Hi everyone. I now have my projector working. Since I was soldering my connections to the ITRUST board I crossed one of the wires. It is still in crude form and needs some adjustments. I am also building a case. Anybody have templates for DB25 cutouts? Will be looking into some software too. Thanks for everyones help.
    Hi 2tall, here is something I came across.

http://www.l-com.com/d-sub-stainless...5-hd44-opening

It has a cad file of a db25 panel which could be useful if you plan fabricating your own case.

Also, platinum on PL makes MiCRO cases which he could be of use in helping you with the db25 cutout.

A few other good websites to look into are McMaster Carr, Jb Saunders, Sparkfun electronics also.

Hope this helps you and good luck building!

Quote Originally Posted by KANG View Post
    Hi 2tall, here is something I came across.

http://www.l-com.com/d-sub-stainless...5-hd44-opening

It has a cad file of a db25 panel which could be useful if you plan fabricating your own case.

Also, platinum on PL makes MiCRO cases which he could be of use in helping you with the db25 cutout.

A few other good websites to look into are McMaster Carr, Jb Saunders, Sparkfun electronics also.

Hope this helps you and good luck building!
    Hi KANG, thanks for the reply but it's been awhile since I posted that. I have a template now and I just drill, cut and file. My projector is for home use only so I'm not too concerned about being perfect right now.