Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self powered 2W RGB projector + built in 160W amplifier and 120V inverter for laptop

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    wouldn't it be better to use some DC-DC converters instead of a battery+inverter+step down converters? I see less heat and more efficiency in this route, no?

anyways this is a beautiful build!

Yes I thought about that… and I also have the dc-dc converter that could work…. I have some Vicor and Arthesyn dc-dc with 12V input that I had bought on ebay for other projects But the inverter is smaller than all these required DC-Dc and the battery have more than enough energy..

But sure that could be a good upgrade in the future..!

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    Old set of G120 scanners and one Cambridge 6850
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

HEre is a video i made for fun showing the Logo of Hollywood Electrics

My camera 60 fps and the scan rate is resulting in sime flickering but i did not corrected that . Poor Samsung mp4 Camera!

Enjoy!

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

Like I said on your youtube channel - thats just bloody impressive - a battery operated projector

I once thought about doing this; have some 7ah gel cells but figured the autonomy would be pretty poor considering the PJ would put on considerable weight with two of those batteries in parallel inside!

Your use of lifepo4 cells is a much better idea - unlike sla, they dont drop voltage as they discharge, resulting in an improved runtime. And unlike LiPo, they are not as dangerous; I would never put a lipo pack inside an expensive projector - it'd be like equipping the pj with a bomb with an unknown fuse - the lifepo4's are a much smarter choice. Smart idea recycling the dewalt drill batteries

(yes I have had lipos go up even when charged correctly with a proper balancing charger. Having a 6S lipo blow up in a friends garage was quite a scary experience. We lost all enthusiasm after that event to go fly his RC heli that day!)

Nice work Doctorbass
    Last edited by dash8brj; 04-05-2013 at 19:57.

Now you really remind of Doc from back to the future.

Very impressive.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-06-2013 at 06:27. Reason: Freudian slip

Thanks guys for these very encouraging comments =). I am working on it to finish the installation of a 2 x 80W rms class D amplifier inside that will also be powered by that 12V lithium battery. so i'll just need my compact laptop, that projector and 2 compact speaker and will be ready to make some small show with music... and ... EVERYWHERE!! no need of 120V outlet !

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

Love the zip tie mount L bracket, simple and easy.

Very nice build!
    I love battey powered electronics and have built a small lumia projector driven by a 5000mA 3S lithium pack, it has a casio diode at about 1,2W in it:

Next build is probably a hand held projector with scanners and ILDA-file player, I hope to have time to build it in a month or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 152201251725P0a45.jpg