Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: China RGB laser modules: worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by ekeefe View Post
    Hello,

Thanks guys!

I have one of Badpip's 4ch drivers I bought off eBay and would like to give it try with this unit. I'm just not sure about setting the levels. I would prefer to not kill this module or the driver.

Any guidance on how to proceed would be great.

ED
    let me know how that turns out with the badpip driver,

As for the current, I don't know what diodes are in there , what I want to do is measure the current on each diode using the original driver that came with it , then try to set the current on the badpip similar to the original ones , I dont even know if it has tec inside it , I doubt it tho I could be wrong :P

Cheers!
    Last edited by JRGixxerfreaK1; 02-02-2013 at 10:14. Reason: More details
    Philipp Wetter

I've been thinking of buying one of these modules some time ago but forgot about it.
    I bet alignment is a pain but it looks very tempting and the price is sweet!

Hello to all. Compared to my project yours looks beautiful. I am also new to building my own projector. I decided to try the RGB "brick" too. I purchased a 200mW model from Ebay. I was very unsure how to connect it to a PT-ITRUST show board that came with the galvos and amps because there was no documentation with the laser module. Well as you may guess I blew out the driver board on the laser module. I have ordered a 400mW model but won't try connecting it until I get more info about modulation. I would also like to replace the driver circuit board on the 200mW model. Is this possible? Thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Most of these modules seem to have an analog option that is $10 expensiver
    cmb I only saw one with an analog option and it was on the slabs with all three heads and flexmounts... If you have a link to one with analog please add it. I did contact one of the vendors asking if they had an analog model but no dice.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

The one I'm considering is analog, but it's 1 W and it looks a lot better than the other ones quality wise, as this is indeed with all three modules on one base plate (not the typical "brick" look): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Hmmm... the same seller has several other (cheaper) options with better quality dichro mounts:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-1W-Laser...item3a7b6243f8
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-1W-Laser...item3a79e403fa

Only difference is wavelength of the red and power ratios.

I thought I saw a few with analog modulation but either I was wrong or they are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I thought I saw a few with analog modulation but either I was wrong or they are gone now.
    Hey CMB!

So in the description on the first one, it says "Analog Modulation--To active analog need to short TTL firstly.It will resonse on 5V or above (not Eexceed 7V).Frequence is 0-30kHz."

Normal analog mod is 0-5v. How would you do analog with a 5-7v range with a TTL (~2.4-5v) first? Personally, I would avoid this one as non-standard at best and smoke-danger at worst.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I don't know... I interpreted it as that it works standard when set to analog with a maximum of 5 volts but it can handle peaks up to 7 volts...
    Hm... I think I'm going to ask the seller one more question before buying.
    And after all, when the driver blows up without touching the laser heads I could just stick a quad badpip in it and see how it works.

I just ordered the 400mw one. I may tear it apart if it is not aligned. If I do, I will take photos of the unit and post it.

But for the price, what the heck. If anything I see myself getting into the wife's clear stained glass and other stuff she has and building a simple Lumina setup.

Ed, thats a Nice build, good work! Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about, thanks for sharing.

- Jason

Hi to all. I just recieved my 400mW RGB "brick" laser module. For those of you that are curious, I have included photos of a 200mW module I have that I fried the driver board on. I really need help connecting this module to the PT-ITRUST showcard. Both say they are TTL modulated but something went very wrong when I connected them. Thanks for any help with this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0255.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	36912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0253.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	36913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0247.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	36914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0251.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	36915