Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: China RGB laser modules: worth it?

Hi to all. I just recieved my 400mW RGB "brick" laser module. For those of you that are curious, I have included photos of a 200mW module I have that I fried the driver board on. I really need help connecting this module to the PT-ITRUST showcard. Both say they are TTL modulated but something went very wrong when I connected them. Thanks for any help with this.Attachment 36912Attachment 36913Attachment 36914Attachment 36915

Sorry about the double post.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Could you take a picture where it shows the labels on the connectors?
    The only way you might have blown them up is by accidentally swapping ground and signal on the modulation inputs. More likely the driver was faulty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0254.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	36923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0252.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	36924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0247.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	36925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0249.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	36926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0251.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	36927Hello and thanks for the reply. This is probably the best I can do with pics. I do know that one of the connectors supply power to a small fan inside the module.

I got mine today, (400mw) and I am very impressed with this all in one box...

It is not perfect by all means. The beams do split off at about 50 feet. But in my house/garage looks great.

The TTL works, (wish it was analog) but for the price.

This little all in one box can become a really cool micro projector, or lumina, or just all around fun.

Since photos were taken inside, I will not open mine up. But I will report on my abuse of it. Since I will be testing some software out, and needed RGB for my test.

There is ONE problem with it tho. Once you have seen even 7 colors from a small laser. You addiction grows and you want full analog with a real dac, and 40k true scanners............ Oh my pocket book is going to hate me....

Thanks for the input!

I'm going to wait until after the LEM before buying. I still have some doubts but I'm sure they'll be gone once I've seen full colour mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Thanks for the input!

I'm going to wait until after the LEM before buying. I still have some doubts but I'm sure they'll be gone once I've seen full colour mayhem!
    I ran mine for a hour last night and keep a eye on the temp... Never got warm, or hot... So who knows...

Ok, so my cell phone gets way over powered by the green, and the red does not show up very well....

But, in my house, with 20k galvos, and the show card here is a test video of the 400mw white laser in a box.

Yes, it is a crappy video, but at least you can see the brick does work....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5r8CmralEw

OK I'm not going with the RGB module after all... thanks to Edison! LOL
    But it's good to know this option is here, for building a satellite or so. They look like a good option for the price, though you might want to swap out the dichro mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    OK I'm not going with the RGB module after all... thanks to Edison! LOL
    But it's good to know this option is here, for building a satellite or so. They look like a good option for the price, though you might want to swap out the dichro mounts...
    DO you care to elaborate on why? I know they are cheap and all, but for the price some of the things you can do with it. The game is changing. But by all means I would not count out some low cost projects. Look at the spencers thread. That cheap box sure did a lot.