Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DT-40's

Default DT-40's

Hello folks, here are some pics of the DT-40 and DT-40pro scanners projecting the ILDA test pattern, both were at about 15 degrees 30Kpps.

DT-40

DT-40pro

Also, for all you PF fans, I've finally figured out how to post a video on google. Here is a link to a PF show I put together a few years ago. Its ok, certainly not professional level, but I like it! http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52992185404158

David

Its nice...
    Good colors
    I really liked the plane crash effect
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

That was VERY nice! Where's the rest of the album? :P It's much better than my popelscan abstract show. Makes me want to get my alphalite goin. :roll: :twisted:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

What scanners and software did you do the video show with?
    It looks really smooth for the ammount of graphics in it, or is it several videos overlaid?
    What scan rate and angle was it?

It looks great

Jim

Default Pink Floyd Show

Zurcher .
    Awesome mate i loved it ...... i think that video is the first one laser show I have ever seemed timed to music .......... what you have done there just seem soooo above my abilities ....... and I imagine it would sooo time consuming to do so . I am harbouring some thoughts I would love to do a laser show connected to the BBC NEWS 24 countdown music but goodness knows if it will ever happen !.
    Anyway you described the show as non proffesional , wonder why it looked fantastic to me ...

I am in awe ....

MAybe one day I will catch up with you folks ...but i certainly got a lonfg way to go !

PAUL

Hi David,

Nice show!! Also it was interesting to see the DT40s and DT40 Pros. The Pros appear to be tuned to 30K, but the originals seem to be tuned faster. Despite what intuition would lead you to believe, 30K would be a better choice for most people...

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Despite what intuition would lead you to believe, 30K would be a better choice for most people...
    Bill;

Would you explain yourself a bit re: the above post? Why would 30K be better? Because you can run a wider scan angle? I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this.

Adam

Very nice! I love Pink Floyd.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Despite what intuition would lead you to believe, 30K would be a better choice for most people...
    Bill;

Would you explain yourself a bit re: the above post? Why would 30K be better? Because you can run a wider scan angle? I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this.

Adam
    Most shows are "produced and cut" at 30k. It is, for lack of a better term, Industry standard. Anything faster than 30k usually involves people playing with the files and inserting more anchor points to make up for the fact the resonant scanning frequency of the galvo is no where near as fast as being displayed.

Laserists tend to fall for marketing speak where "more-ness" is "better-ness" so they hear 60k speeds and go "wow, that must be at least twice as fast!"

Reality on the other hand is different, resonant freq rarely goes up in a logarithmic fashion.

Larger scan angle is a side effect, and in my opinion, a desirous one.

Easiest resonant frequency limitation example:

At 30k you need to hold the point at the corner of a square for x number of cycles so you dont round a corner.

At 60k you need to hold it for 2-4x as long to get the same solid corner. otherwise the squares start looking more like circles, or at the very least a bastard love child of a square and an oval.

In alphalite this is visible when you ramp up the output speed. Things get blurry and the scanners yell.