Thread: Tron Legacy: Son of Flynn simple abstract test

Default Tron Legacy: Son of Flynn simple abstract test

This is just my first test assembling some output from various free software to make a show synchronized to a song for the Spencer projector. The timing on this file is 60uS per vertex, or about 16.67Kpps. The dots should blink in time with the fast notes. If you have the tron legacy soundtrack, and can sync the start of this file with the start of the first note, you should be good.

Spirograph figures created by my Yet Another Spirograph Generator from the software forum. Dots by custom app not released. Combined by laserboy. Zipped with 7zip. :-)

IF you download, PLEASE comment. That includes constructive criticism. No need to post "you suck." That's what I assume given a bunch of downloads an no comments anyway.

Cheers,
    tribble
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default RE:Tron Legacy: Son of Flynn simple abstract test

Looks good so far, I have not got the song but what I saw I like. What kind of Spirograph generator software did you use for it? I have tried laserboy but just can not figure out how to use it. good job...

I think the image is too complicated. It will not look good either as an animated show or as a beam.
    I think you need to do something like this:

A1pyro, thanks... your question is answered in the OP. See this thread for details:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...raph-Generator

oleger, thanks for your feedback... too busy, roger. Out of curiosity, what software did you use to project the sequence? If it's projected too fast it looks horrible.

I have seen swami's abstracts and they are very nice... I will never be able to to do that with a spirograph generator, though. But, I can incorporate the feel, perhaps, a bit better... more slowly changing figures. Sometimes the spirograph figures pulse and throb; I would like to find a way to time those to some musically-related beat interval, but that could be tough.

I should probably try to make a video of the show as intended and get feedback on that... otherwise... it's hard to tell if we're looking at the same thing.

Tried this out on Beyond and found if run at your recommended speed it drives my galvos to hard they are set at 30kpps any ideas on how to combat this,I like the show but do not wish to destroy my galvos.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakybangs View Post
    Tried this out on Beyond and found if run at your recommended speed it drives my galvos to hard they are set at 30kpps any ideas on how to combat this,I like the show but do not wish to destroy my galvos.
    Hmm, I would say reduce the projection angle to something tiny and increase it slowly until you have a comfortable image and comfortable galvos. I have no experience with Beyond/Pangolin DACs so I can't say. :-( 30Kpps is double the speed I'm using! Don't hurt your galvos!

Sorry to bump this old post but I finally was able to try out this show and I think it works really well. Watched it several times on a loop!

My Spencer projector makes a lot of noise on the triangle pattern around frame 225 at 8° down to maybe even 5°. Everything else runs beautifully though.

thank you for the effort and the sharing of this media, I hope to use it someday

Along with this topic, i thought i would mention. I do have this same projector as well. I was trying to sync some of the laser shows on the FTP i found and i had no luck getting things to match up correctly to its song. Is there a work around for this? or is the projector simply have too slow of motors to keep up? I tried numerous speeds in the .ild file but that did not seem to match up.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by lightman10 View Post
    Along with this topic, i thought i would mention. I do have this same projector as well. I was trying to sync some of the laser shows on the FTP i found and i had no luck getting things to match up correctly to its song. Is there a work around for this? or is the projector simply have too slow of motors to keep up? I tried numerous speeds in the .ild file but that did not seem to match up.
    The Spencer's projector is not designed for a uniform time between frames. It does not have enough RAM memory to fetch a whole show off the SD card at once. This means it suffers variable load delay based on frame length. Sor the Spencer's system the pattern is Load frame, display it, load frame, display it, For a classic system with music sync there is far more processor power, and a few additional steps: Load buffer one, load frame buffer two, display buffer one display buffer two while loading buffer one, display buffer one while loading buffer two. So the Spencer's card just does not have enogh ram and processor power to do that.

Sorry..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...