Thread: WTB: Laser Pink Floyd/ Beatles/ Daft Punk

Laser Warning WTB: Laser Pink Floyd/ Beatles/ Daft Punk

Im looking for a place where I can purchase complete Pink Floyd / Beatles/ Daft Punk shows (>45min)... think "laserium style"(without the scan through effects)

ideally looking for complete albums...aka "the wall" entire 50-ish min show or any hour-ish long lasershow that you would go to a theater/dome to see..

Iv been looking but cant find any place that sells these shows.I cant use adat...looking for LD2000 format..

Thanks Guys,
    -Brooks
    KGB Lasers
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You may be somewhat limited in selection because most companies that produce those shows are going to be geared towards distributing on HD24. You might want to talk to Mike Dunn as I know he has the Pink Floyd Best of Echos show that we frequently run at LEM's and it should be in LD2000 format.

One thing to remember about that is the show gets loaded into the memory of the QM so, long planetarium shows may not fit on the standard 256 meg memory. You may have to pay Pangolin to up it to 512. That's a reason why they're traditionally on ADAT or hard drives.

I just checked and even Mike's shows require 512 meg of RAM. You're not going to be able to do planetarium length shows with LD2000. ADAT or a modded HD24 is probably going to have to be the way to go. (And buying shows of that caliber is NOT cheap. Think in the thousands.)

I figured they were expensive... Im only asking cause a group I work with was asking what it would take for me to do shows in their theater.. Adats look allot cheaper than i was expecting though...so im looking into that now..

Thanks Brad,
    -Brooks
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Brooks, Brad,

Mike Dunn's Best of Echoes, as well as most (all?) his other planetarium length shows can be done with the LD2000 and the 512MB memory upgrade. This is what DZ and I both had for SELEM and TEXLEM. I also loaded a few additional songs (Beatles/Hendrix) as well, so total show content was right at an hour in length.

And yes, not cheap... (Is anything about doing decent shows cheap? )
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Brooks, Brad,

Mike Dunn's Best of Echoes, as well as most (all?) his other planetarium length shows can be done with the LD2000 and the 512MB memory upgrade. This is what DZ and I both had for SELEM and TEXLEM. I also loaded a few additional songs (Beatles/Hendrix) as well, so total show content was right at an hour in length.

And yes, not cheap... (Is anything about doing decent shows cheap? )
    What Displaser said!
    Also, it is possible to do the memory upgrade yourself, but be aware that some minor soldering on the QM2000 board is required...

FYI~
    If you set up playlists for AutoPlay, you can fairly quickly cue up a bunch of different shows and keep the "intermission" time to a minimum between sets.

Here's a way to set up multiple AutoPlay playlists using batchfiles (and it's really quite easy, especially if you're even remotely familiar with batch files):

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...919#post129919

I've used this method to load show sets MANY times over the last couple of years - works great!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 02-07-2013 at 14:14.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

PS -

Here's Mike's web site:

http://www.firstlight-laser.com/

If you see something you might be interested in purchasing, drop Mike an e-mail ~
    He has previews available of many of the shows that can be viewed online.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

It's that mystery soldering I've tried to find out about for some time. I tried an awful lot of different 512 chips before I found out about that!