Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cambridge scanners

Just a quick question about tuning the galvos....

Do you think I can tune my DT-40 galvos into better scanning if I try?
    There is maaaaaany pots on the amps 8) 8)

I know they can do the 30kpps ILDA test pattern easy :roll: but for some reason I dont personally think it is perfect...

Oh yeah... For folks who want to tune the amps, here's my dirty little secret of "perfect" tuning...

After doing the standard CT tune, I run the 12/30k pattern with no blanking and tweak until the
    lines which would normally be blanked look right, then I swap axis and repeat. I've also tried
    inverting each axis early on, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference so I just swap
    axises now.

Here's a rough idea of what I want to make sometime in the near future. Take the 6215 scanner,
    run the PD at a much faster rate, use that to feed a DSP (saves work when playing with ideas
    and also lets you use a damping profile rather than using a preset ratio) and then use higher
    drive voltage chopped at a high frequency with strict current control to make the extra
    performance possible through the existing coils w/o too much heat.

Yes, you can tune the DT40s into being very tight. In fact, the "normal" laserists wouldn't be able to tell the difference
    between the two (an expert would notice that extra bit of low frequency ringing that is characteristic of the DT's).

hmm ok thanx
    I think that Jian mabye have tuned then to optimal performance..
    But i dont think he did use mamba and easylase...
    Anyway, I got one pair of DT.
    So I can maybe learn by try adjust the one set

Thanx for helping
    I let you know when I try to tune them :lol:

Let us know which instructions you are planning on using to retune them. I haven't really seen a really good set of
    instructions. The ones on pangolin and laserfx's pages are ok, but I think their explanations are a bit simplified.