Thread: did someone modified a laseworld laser?

Default did someone modified a laseworld laser?

Hey guys, i i have a laserworld cs-1000 rgb and i really wanna upgrate the green doide in there.. but i dont have any experience in modifying lasers.

do you think its a big deal? or just changing the green doide into little bit stronger doide is pretty easy?

thank!

you have to take exact measurements and post a few pics here.
    then you have to select what "green diode" you will install in there

it all depends on your diy skills, but it really is no big deal

for what it's worth, opening the case will void the guarantee (pun intended... most probably...)
    "its called character briggs..."

thanks my friend, i decided for now no to try anything.. maybe some day when i'l find some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoLaser View Post
    Hey guys, i i have a laserworld cs-1000 rgb and i really wanna upgrate the green doide in there.. but i dont have any experience in modifying lasers.

do you think its a big deal? or just changing the green doide into little bit stronger doide is pretty easy?

thank!
    Assuming that model is TTL, unless they changed their DMX board, you may be stuck with TTL for a replacement. Furthermore, my model integrated the DMX board with the galvo drivers to the point that I had to rip them out as well when I converted my older unit to analogue modulation.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I just borrowed 2 of these lasers from a colleague, and after running them through their paces I can honestly say that I don't know why you would bother with the green, as IMO it's the red that really needs help. Oh, and the scanners; I had to turn the scan rate in Quick Show all the way down to draw the ILDA test pattern half way decent. Regardless, I wish you luck & would like to see the end result:-)

-Eric

Managed to bypass the TTL in the CS1500RGB by taking control signal direct from ILDA in (No nothing about the durability of the mod as only did it yesterday except the key no longer switches off the green laser). And after scanner tuning managed to display ILDA pattern at 17k at about 20 degrees i think! Am going to do it again tho as the pattern doesn't look the same in Phoenix as in the hardware check application and i figure as i ll be using Phoenix to display the frame then i should calibrate to test patterns from within the software....

The only thing I saved inside a Laserw***d projector have been LW-50 scanners only.......
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

you had better ask advice from Laserworld because of the issue of warranty.Then thinking of the size of green laser diode,whether the diode and power supply are match.Ask a professional guy to fix it,it`s easy.
    Light Magic Show for you&me!

Thanks for the advice Lily but there is no warranty as its second hand... If I left it to the professionals i'd be skint and would never have learned anything!!