Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectra Physics 168 White Light Laser FS

Default Spectra Physics 168 White Light Laser FS

I have an SP 168 White Light laser (Argon/Krypton Ion Laser) doing 1.25 watts FS to a good home. Unit requires water cooling and runs fine. Good color balance.
    $1,300 USd + shipping and it goes to a good home.
    Head only so you require an SP 265 power supply or an Aurora pwr supply (runs on single phase 220 VAC @ 50-60 Hz).

Rick
    Last edited by LaserLover; 03-22-2007 at 15:47.
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Cool! If I only had the money.

My best offer is 1USD

I probably can't afford it, but just for grins and giggles, how much tube current does it want, and how much voltage does it drop? (Wondering if this HGM-5 PSU here will drive it?)

Adam

If I run the tube at 30 amps, I measured 231 VDC from anode to cathode and 1.28 watts optical output.
    I have no Idea what kind of power your HGM supply can output but it might be possible to run the SP 168.

P.S. Inge , I think i'll pass on your offer.

TTYL
    Rick

LaserLover, I think I know that But who knows? hehe

Thanks for the info Rick!

Saddly, I don't think my HGM 5 can drive that tube. It's capable of generating 30 amps of tube current, but I'm pretty sure the tube it's designed for only drops around 170 volts or so. (THe HGM 5 uses a tube that is almost identical to the ALC 68-B.) I think your tube is a bit longer, and thus needs the higher tube voltage.

Sigh... It was worth a shot, anyway.

Adam

LaserLover: can I ask where you get all this stuff from ?
    As I notice you sometimes now and then pop up with this for sale nice stuff 8)

Do you do lasers in Job as well as hobby ?

cheers

Nope,

I just love laser technolgy in general, not a day job. I stay on the ground and play safe.

Safer than that guy in California, who decided to take a ride in a lawnchair aloft with weather balloons filled with Helium gas.
    He shot up high enough that he needed an oxygen mask. Unfortunately the B-B gun he brought with him didn't have the power to pop the balloons so he just drifted around until some airline pilot called in a UFO sighting.And when they finally got him down 14 hours later at great expense, his comment to the Press gang as he was being dragged away for a federal offense. I quote " A man's gotta have a hobby ". My favourite Darwin award.
    I think they even tested that story on the discovery channel (forget the show where they blow things up, etc... trying to determine if urban legends are plausible)

Rick

True story! The show you're referring to is "Mythbusters", and yeah, it's very possible to lift yourself off the ground using nothing more complicated than helium balloons and a lawn chair.

Here's a good link that talks about the original stunt, what went wrong, the penalties involved, and the unfortunate end (suicide) to the story years later.

Adam

Sorry to hear the guy commited suicide years later. :cry:

I had a friend and coworker who did himself in and that hits home.
    My day job is Computer Support at a Mental Health Center. I see tragic things on a regular basis so it helps to have a good laugh and keep things in balance. Some things are just so unbelievable and funny as hell because the're true.

Rick