Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "3D" Lenticular Plastic Group Buy - Any Interest?

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Wow, so.. sounds like this stuff is glued to a 'plexi / lexan substrate', I take it?
    No glue here - this is a molded lenticular plastic sheet. I'm eyeballing it at somewhere between 2-3 mm.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Please put me down for 2 sheets as well...Thanks

So...if you beam a laser thru one of these sheets...you get a 3D effect projection? An addition to luminia boxes! Coolio!

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    So...if you beam a laser thru one of these sheets...you get a 3D effect projection? An addition to luminia boxes! Coolio!
    Yes, but ideally you will want to spin this for the proper effect. I'm thinking about cutting these out as discs with mounting hubs for either gearmotors or servos in the future. This will result in a more expensive item.

I figured I would get this out to cover my costs and see what the feedback from the forum members was. As a plastic material, I don't know if there is a need for anything beyond cut sheets. I'd recommend using a 4" hole saw and fabricating your own scan-thru wheel for now.

Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 02-21-2013 at 19:37.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Yes, but ideally you will want to spin this for the proper effect. I'm thinking about cutting these out as discs with mounting hubs for either gearmotors or servos in the future. This will result in a more expensive item.

I figured I would get this out to cover my costs and see what the feedback from the forum members was. As a plastic material, I don't know if there is a need for anything beyond cut sheets for now. I'd recommend using a 4" hole saw and fabricating your own scan-thru wheel for now.

Greg
    I have a hole saw just awaiting this...Much easier than glass (from Luminia class at TEXLEM)
    I have a few slo-mo motors and magnets and luminia wheels...This will push me to getting that box built!
    Thanks for doing this!

Ah, what the hell.... Put me down for a sheet please Greg. Damn this addiction
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'm in for 2+ sheets, thanks for all your effort on this GB!!

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

Put me down for 2 to UK please.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

If its not too late, put me down for 2 as well.

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I have a hole saw just awaiting this...Much easier than glass (from Luminia class at TEXLEM)
    I have a few slo-mo motors and magnets and luminia wheels...This will push me to getting that box built!
    Thanks for doing this!
    For reference don't use the round hole saws of thin metal. The adjustable blade types work better as you know the noise I made at TEXLEM cutting the plastic for the warp wheels Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30mm-130mm-dia-hole-saw-adjustable-circle-cutter-for-electric-drill-260248n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	37174 that type is better even harbor freight has them.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.