Thread: A decent USA LEGAL single color for under $1000??

Default A decent USA LEGAL single color for under $1000??

A close friend of mine wants to add a laser or two to his mobile DJ rig, and he wants to be legal. He was looking into buying something from Motionloops.com, but I can't seem to find anything on their website indicating that their products are varianced. And while I have been spending a fair amount of time on the forum, I still don't have a good grasp of what lasers cost, or where to buy them. My friend typically performs in large banquet facilities & gymnasiums, and is just looking for something that will not be over powered by his scanners & LED bar lights. Obviously the cost of a DAC is separate from his budget. Any suggestions??

-Eric

X-Lasers

Check out My Store

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Honestly, in the US, for the DJ market, for anything above American DJ or Chauvet type laser effects, X-Laser is about it. Yes, there other sources such as CT Lasers but, you said you're looking at under $1,000 which really limits your choices.

One of the things a mobile DJ needs to think about is that... they're a mobile DJ. They're there to play music. Properly running a laser requires the operator to be paying attention to it. It's a little hard to try and DJ as well as punch cues or work a controller and visually be watching the beams constantly to watch for any dangers. It's two entirely different jobs. A DJ is better off with sound activated or DMX, non-coherent lights. Leave the lasers to the laser jockey. (Tell him he needs to hire you!)

Here's an analogy... Just because I'm a caterer and do a lot of weddings, that doen't make me qualified to bake and decorate the wedding cake. Even though they're related, we leave that up to the bakery.

so... lasers are icing on the cake of a DJ sound show?