Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ProLaser FX SHOWCUBE ??

Those pics suck aij, take some better ones
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

This is OFF topic..
    but when we talk about cases.. I jump in ..

I have a wooden case on my RGB, but I want to add some ILDA holes into the case!
    And I had a idea of mount some thin steel where I can add the ports..

But is there somewhere I can buy a alu plate (1-2mm thick) that have the LPT (ILDA) port drilled out already ??

Filip,
    Why not use an old PC card?
    Just take the plate off that.

Adrian,
    Why are there 2 25 pin cutouts on the back?
    Is it ILDA in and out, so that you can connect 2 upto the same dac?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by aijii
    We got a run of ten made of these, just before Christmas last year.
    We will pretty much use most of them for our own lasers, but are considering getting another run made shortly if we can drum up enough interest.
    Out of curiosity, how much did they charge you per unit for your run of ten?

I've looked into some enclosures in the past, but they've always been prohibitively expensive. As an example, this projector housing that currently houses my Alphalite unit costs nearly $150, and it's only 14 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches. (Pretty darn small for $150!)

I thought about using a computer case, but it would be difficult to mount a 1/4 inch aluminum baseplate inside one.

Adam

When i built my first laser rig I spent months deciding how i was going to build the case and its materials etc
    then as i decided that i would be taking it on the road profesionaly i then needed to build a flight case

Then it came to me ..... why not make the flight case the main case .....

Now there are pleant of 19 inch rack cases going cheap ... and i decided to build the Projector into a 19 inch subframe
    that would fit securly into the rack

see it here

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7644c926-9...d159/laserrig3

this was then adapted to fit on a winch up tripod .....

I also have some other photos of my rig on this site ..... but they were taken a couple of years ago
    so things have been updated a bit since

Im curently rebuilding the rig with 1.3W RGB lasers so this time everything will be mounted onto a half inch thick alloy plate
    this will then slide into a channel either side of the rack case so servicing will be easy

all the best ... Karl

Banthai: nice ictures. And that is an good idea!!

so is your whole thing all in one flight case???????
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    Those pics suck aij, take some better ones
    Who took them Dave ?
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Hi Andy

The projector is in 1 flight case and the controller ( DAC ) and geometric corector and P20 desk which i use
    for a backup should the pc crash ( i also use a poly20 grating wheel if the P20 desk fails as well ) is in another

if you look at the other photos on the site it shows this and also the internals of the projector i also
    run a 300 ft multi core cable from the controller to the projector, so i need a ballanced line input to
    cancel out any noise, there is a ( home made ) ballanced line input amplifier that controls scale and offset

this means i can tweek the image left or right , up or down, bigger or smaller

The advantage of doing it at the projector is that you do not lose the resolution...

if you half the voltage at the dac .... you are efectivly using only half the data bits available
    ( ok theorecticaly thats not quite true but i like to give maximum output, especialy over a long cable run )
    but by using the DAC at full swing and scaling down at the projector you maintain full resolution ....

and also adjusting offset at the projector means i
    can tweek a graphic up or down a few feet without having to
    adjust the projector angle or make mods the the image position in the software.

when i rebuild the projector with my RGB set im going to redesign the Amplifier Board to include the following

Ballanced line input X and Y axis +/- 10v DC ( switchable to to single ended 0 to 10v Dc )
    scale and offset for X and Y axis as dicussed above ( via 4 Pots )
    TTL input isolated or straight through ( switchable on board ) for single colour TTL via ILDA Blanking input
    Ballanced line RGB analog input ( again switchable to TTL if required ) from ILDA intensity inputs
    This will use the circuit that Bill from Pangolin Designed ( when i ask for his permision to use it ) which has 2 preset pot for each colour
    to remove any delays between the DPSS lasers

and some interlock stuff as well, if anyone can think of anything else to add that would be of use i will gladly include it,
    i would like to make it as universal as possible

I will get profesional PCBs made for this and if anyone is interested i can let them have the layouts or even might get a few boards made
    should anyone want one ( thinking off the top of my head now ) .... infact im quite suprised no one has marketed something like this
    if something was on the market I would have bought one

I fact over the next few weeks when i have planned a bit more i will start a thread

as we have seem to hijacked andys thread ( why do we do that sometimes )

anyway ... Time for bed .....

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai
    This will use the circuit that Bill from Pangolin Designed ( when i ask for his permision to use it ) which has 2 preset pot for each colour
    to remove any delays between the DPSS lasers
    Karl
    Karl, we got this in our RGB projector, and we do not find tweaking the pots provides much, if any noticeable difference to the output unless we are blanking _really_ fast, say with rasters.

Dave would be the best person to answer this, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the component values, etc..

I think I recall Dave saying that Bill said it wasn't a tested design....adn the component values may not be the spot on...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts