Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ProLaser FX SHOWCUBE ??

Hi Aijii

The main reason for myself including this is i will also apply some gain and offset
    to these colour amps ( my CNi green from yourself ) seems to have most of the intesity control
    in the upper area 4-6v = 240 to 550mW, so i thought i might as well include these stages as well

as my colour signal is ballanced i need to convert to single ended to go through bill circuit
    my only concerns at the moment is the diode and how the forward voltage though the diode
    will work with an analog signal

does the one that you have work ok on analogue or is it really only aplicable for TTL ?

if that is the case i will leave it out, less components make a more relialble laser projector

all the best .... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai
    Hi Andy

The projector is in 1 flight case and the controller ( DAC ) and geometric corector and P20 desk which i use
    for a backup should the pc crash ( i also use a poly20 grating wheel if the P20 desk fails as well ) is in another

if you look at the other photos on the site it shows this and also the internals of the projector i also
    run a 300 ft multi core cable from the controller to the projector, so i need a ballanced line input to
    cancel out any noise, there is a ( home made ) ballanced line input amplifier that controls scale and offset

this means i can tweek the image left or right , up or down, bigger or smaller

The advantage of doing it at the projector is that you do not lose the resolution...

if you half the voltage at the dac .... you are efectivly using only half the data bits available
    ( ok theorecticaly thats not quite true but i like to give maximum output, especialy over a long cable run )
    but by using the DAC at full swing and scaling down at the projector you maintain full resolution ....

and also adjusting offset at the projector means i
    can tweek a graphic up or down a few feet without having to
    adjust the projector angle or make mods the the image position in the software.

when i rebuild the projector with my RGB set im going to redesign the Amplifier Board to include the following

Ballanced line input X and Y axis +/- 10v DC ( switchable to to single ended 0 to 10v Dc )
    scale and offset for X and Y axis as dicussed above ( via 4 Pots )
    TTL input isolated or straight through ( switchable on board ) for single colour TTL via ILDA Blanking input
    Ballanced line RGB analog input ( again switchable to TTL if required ) from ILDA intensity inputs
    This will use the circuit that Bill from Pangolin Designed ( when i ask for his permision to use it ) which has 2 preset pot for each colour
    to remove any delays between the DPSS lasers

and some interlock stuff as well, if anyone can think of anything else to add that would be of use i will gladly include it,
    i would like to make it as universal as possible

I will get profesional PCBs made for this and if anyone is interested i can let them have the layouts or even might get a few boards made
    should anyone want one ( thinking off the top of my head now ) .... infact im quite suprised no one has marketed something like this
    if something was on the market I would have bought one

I fact over the next few weeks when i have planned a bit more i will start a thread

as we have seem to hijacked andys thread ( why do we do that sometimes )

anyway ... Time for bed .....

Karl
    errr yeah LOL

didnt get most of that bu thanks mate
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai
    Hi Aijii

The main reason for myself including this is i will also apply some gain and offset
    to these colour amps ( my CNi green from yourself ) seems to have most of the intesity control
    in the upper area 4-6v = 240 to 550mW, so i thought i might as well include these stages as well

as my colour signal is ballanced i need to convert to single ended to go through bill circuit
    my only concerns at the moment is the diode and how the forward voltage though the diode
    will work with an analog signal

does the one that you have work ok on analogue or is it really only aplicable for TTL ?

if that is the case i will leave it out, less components make a more relialble laser projector

all the best .... Karl
    No no it works fine for analogue - we also added balanced line recievers in there too. We just couldn't notice any difference when we tweaked the multi-turn trimmers.

I think maybe the lpf filter frequencies are not low enough....
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by aijii

I think I recall Dave saying that Bill said it wasn't a tested design....adn the component values may not be the spot on...
    Yes,

that was the monster circuit at the bottom of the page.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/