Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new abstract LSX show "troubled"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default new abstract LSX show "troubled"

made a quick little abstract laser show to the song "troubled" from the really excellent "passion: music for the last temptation of christ" soundtrack by peter gabriel.

made with LSX and played through an etherdream DAC and my homemade projector.

enjoy!

Last edited by swamidog; 11-08-2013 at 06:11.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Amazing work. You are an inspiration!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Once again.... very nice.

For some reason 1:09 - 1:13 really caught and held my attention.

I know you shoot these with your still camera - Nikon I believe, using a video mode but, refresh my memory as to the specs of your projector. I always see some shades and hues that are just more vibrant. Is there some sort of palette training in LSX like there is with Pangolin or something?

thanks bradfo. the sequence starting at 1:09 was spun out of a desire to make analog console style abstracts. i got a little sidetracked, so it's just uhm.. interesting wiggly lines.

when filming, i project onto black velure and use a nikon d7000. i set everything on the camera to manual and adjust settings until it looks good. i think this one was iso 400, f7.1, and 30fps.

i'm using an old dz color delay board (highly recommended) that allows you to adjust the rise and file modulation times for each color channel and i've spent reasonably huge chunks of time adjusting it and the palette. LSX doesn't have palette training like pangolin does. instead, each channel is represented by a graph and an envelope editor.

the projector itself has:
    DHOM 1W+ 532
    KVANT 632mW 642 (quad diode)
    HOME Brew dual corrected 445 diodes ~2W
    and DT40W's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-psu-deck.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	931.2 KB 
ID:	37380 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-optic-deck.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	742.8 KB 
ID:	37381

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proj-for-lpf.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	37382

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Once again.... very nice.

For some reason 1:09 - 1:13 really caught and held my attention.

I know you shoot these with your still camera - Nikon I believe, using a video mode but, refresh my memory as to the specs of your projector. I always see some shades and hues that are just more vibrant. Is there some sort of palette training in LSX like there is with Pangolin or something?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Awesome work as always, Swami! I especially enjoyed your gold ring with the nice hot-spots carefully interwoven with the abstracts.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

thanks dave!

my favorite part with the gold ring is the transition between two sets of abstracts at ~2:24.

maybe we can pump some of these through a proper gas rig at SELEM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Awesome work as always, Swami! I especially enjoyed your gold ring with the nice hot-spots carefully interwoven with the abstracts.

-David

Great show, Swamidog!

thanks oleger!

you're the champion of lsx graphic shows.

Quote Originally Posted by oleger View Post
    Great show, Swamidog!

Great show! Music is by Peter Gabriel off the Last Temptation of Christ film from 1988, not the more recent film you mention.

oh good catch. i *knew* that. just not late last night. corrected. at least i got it right in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Great show! Music is by Peter Gabriel off the Last Temptation of Christ film from 1988, not the more recent film you mention.