Thread: Pangolin questions

Default Pangolin questions

I have a qm32 board that the x output quit working. I dont know if I changed some simple setting in the software or if the cable is flaking out. or if the board is possibly going out.

On my full auto boards there was a protective buffer that I had go out once, would there be any chance of an easy fix like this.

I have only recently decided to goto pangolin and wanted to give the cheaper version a shot before I upgrade to a QM2000. I think I might really soon as I have built my 1.7 watt RGB, ordered some cambride for it. I am only missing bad ass software.

On a completely different note. I do many many many club shows and I need the versitility to be able to use keyboard hot keys with my software during the laser show. If not a predone show just does not do it justice as alot of my ability to please my customers comes from my ability to work with shows in live time and not come on site and just hit play with a laser show. Is there any known way to do this with pangolin or am I just stuck with hitting the play button. Also, is there a way to pause a show without an image still on and end up right where you left off.

Swap your axis and see if the problem swaps axis. Also check your scaling in the software.
    I would personally suspect it's the ribbon cable, those were always kind of sketchy.

If the axis on the PCB is really dead, then you'll have to send it back.

I used to use the tomcat board from holospectra to keep the QM32's alive.
    There's no built in protection on that generation of pangolin boards.

Default Re: Pangolin questions

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz
    On a completely different note. I do many many many club shows and I need the versitility to be able to use keyboard hot keys with my software during the laser show. If not a predone show just does not do it justice as alot of my ability to please my customers comes from my ability to work with shows in live time and not come on site and just hit play with a laser show. Is there any known way to do this with pangolin or am I just stuck with hitting the play button. Also, is there a way to pause a show without an image still on and end up right where you left off.
    So, buy LivePRO. You can either use it with mutiple QM2000 PCI cards (and LD2000), or multiple Flashback 3 USB Cards. We have one of the former, and 3 of the latter. LivePRO rocks.

You can assign any of the 32 projection zones to an output card. You can set any live cell to output to any number of zones (hence scanners) and/or tracks. Oh did i mention, it's multi-tracked ?

It will do everything you need it to do and 10 times more.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Oh yeah, you can also use Showtime's Live feature which you should already have if you don't need all the features of Live pro. And for pausing, just hit pause, then "blackout"