Thread: Mobolazer/LumaLaser Help - Parts or Info Needed

Default Mobolazer/LumaLaser Help - Parts or Info Needed

PL Friends,

I have a LumaLaser 8 position "Beamburst" that is in need of restoration. When I purchased it, I knew the turrets were missing (I have enough spare Redline single and duals to fix this part), but did not know that all of the solenoid arms and tension springs had been removed. Past requests to purchase parts from LumaLaser were unsuccessful, so I am likely going to build my own arms (and tension springs, if I have to).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(2).JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	37425

First - does anyone on the forum have any spare parts that they would sell, allowing me to rebuild the pick-off mirror assy's? Maybe, even the replacement turrets? I know this is a long-shot....

If this is not possible, would someone on the forum who owns any Mobolazer or LumaLaser beam table product (Bradfo69, Flecom, anyone .... please guys?) - if you could please take some measurements on the pick-off arm, as well as the tension spring, I'd really appreciate the help - this would get me close to the right stuff!

At this point, I am unsure if I will end up using this, as I have the "big beam table project" underway. So I may end up selling this on the forum, either before or after it is restored.

Thanks for any help with this!

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'll happily try to get you whatever information you need. I just can't guarantee I can get it quickly but, I'll try. Tomorrow should be a "somewhat" quiet day at work but then it would have to be next week I suspect. Now... my actual LumaLaser beam table is currently residing with Gottaluvlasers and is supposed to be shipped to Buffo sometime. It all worked fine but, I wanted to up the power and it's become more of a project than anticipated. So I can't get you measurements from the real deal but, I've been meaning to pull out one of the mobo's and pull off the argon to send to DZ so, maybe this will be the necessary kick in the arse.

ArcDevilz has a mobo bug too. So maybe he'll chime in. I need to PM him anyway about his modded ML-8's, if they're still around. I kinda dropped the ball recently.

Thanks Brad.

If anyone mentioned has a micrometer and a few minutes to spare, I'd really appreciate it.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Just a disclaimer... micrometer type measurements may take a little longer since all my precision tools are in my storage facility about 1/2 hour away. But, I'll do what I can.

Lightbulb

Sire -

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    ...does anyone on the forum have any spare parts that they would sell,
    ..Got a guy here in Cali, with an ML-10 carrion, that has all solenoids, arms / mirs, etc, in-tact.. everything's complete / works, save for the topside beam-positioners (MM-1s, etc..) - he's been looking to sell it for awhile, but.. bit of a 'tough-sell' as a PJ, w/o the beam-positioners... but - for a parts-unit hunter, like yerself, well.. just might be a goldmine...

..PM, forthwith..
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I also wanted to mention I have not forgotten you! I finally pulled it out and took pictures last night before leaving work. I'll get them posted today but, between my computers card reader not working right and then PL being down all last evening 'twas not a good day.

i should have the parts you need i have 3 of the smaller 8 turret (5mw) that were in the big flood so the motors may be bad but the arms should be fine
    but i don't have any extra turrets
    i also have 2 ml10's(if you need any measurements)
    i saved one of my ml10's from the flood but the other went under so i will try to rebuild that one

Ok, here is a few shots just to help:

Name:	IMGP6295reduced.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	37501

Name:	IMGP6296reduced.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	37502