Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy feeler for a new hazer..

Default Group buy feeler for a new hazer..

Hi all.

Another member and myself have been looking into buying a new hazer each.
    We've come across this rather nice unit from Concept called the ViCount.
    http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-vicount-hazer.shtml

They're VERY similar to the MDG atmosphere but produce a haze of a smaller particle size and longer hang time. Plus, they're cheaper (By a LONG way) Admittedly, they require CO2 as well as electricery and haze fluid, but the fluid is £30/5l and should last a VERY long time if their literature is to be believed. Also, as the CO2 is used instead of the pump in a traditional hazer, they're COMPLETELY SILENT.

I'm in the process of talking directly with the manufacturer on establishing a demo and possible purchase for a couple of units, however if there's any one here who's interested, then let me know as soon as possible and I'll see what discount they're willing to do for us as a group buy. PLEASE DON'T hassle the manufacturer because they DON'T generally sell to the entertainment industry as their bushiness is based around fire/health and safety training and testing and other mechanical seal testing.

Now the BAD bit.
    These are not cheap! Admittedly, they're not MDG £3500+ expensive, but they're not TourHazer/Unique £650 cheap either.
    Now, if the build quality and support is as good as I'm led to believe it is, then I think they're going to be very much worth their money and effort!

I've been offered them at £1120 +VAT stock price without the built in fan and £1310 +VAT with the built in fan. DMX control is an extra £300 +VAT. So that's around £1600+VAT for the fanned DMX version or £1400+VAT for the non fanned DMX version... Without DMX, they have a remote control on a 5m lead as standard...

I'm sure I can get a better price after some negotiations, just for the single units for the other interested laserist and Myself are after. However, I'm also certain the more interest I have for further units, the better the price will get...

IF there is enough interest to go ahead with this, I'll be looking to get payment up front to my Ltd Company account and I'll be issuing full VAT sales invoices etc.
    The manufacturer offers a LIFETIME guarantee on the heater block, (the bit most likely to fail in a hazer) and a 10 year return to manufacturer Guarantee on everything else.

So if any of you are shopping for an amazingly good hazer... Let me know.
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Having had experience of one of these hazers, I can say they're just amazing, and the particles hang for soooooooo long, but the price is simply out of my range for this (and probably the next 3) years!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hey Norty,

Glad to get a second (or third) posative opinion on what looks like a fantastic unit.
    Shame it's out of your price range as I'm sure it'd be great for your ever growing collection of laser and lighting kit, but I'm not really expecting too much interest in the GB if I'm honest, this being a non pro forum... £1400+ is a lot to shell out for something to use in your front room/garage/whatever, even if it does mean you won't have to dust or clean your optics every time you get the hazer out...
    Still, an average 2-3w RGB self build would cost close to this, so I may yet be surprised...

Have you had any practical experience of the Le Maitre MVS at all?
    I've heard they're good on fluid consumption
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    Hi all.

Another member and myself have been looking into buying a new hazer each.
    We've come across this rather nice unit from Concept called the ViCount.
    http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-vicount-hazer.shtml
    I think they also go under the name Pea Soup "Phantom". I stand to be corrected though. They are very similar if not.

Yep, same unit Al
    Frikkin Lasers

In that case if you want the DMX version, its cheaper under the Pea Soup Branding: http://www.smokemachines.net/buy-pro-hazer.shtml

In fact the retail price matches the offer price on the Pea Soup version. So if you want a group buy of Pea Soup Brand, I'd go back for another price.

Sorry WhiteLight.

Probably didn't make myself clear.
    Yes, these are the RETAIL prices and I am negotiating them down for the ones I am buying as I am TRADE.
    The price will be better than those I listed above, but I won't know by how much until the deal is completed.

Hope that makes sense now

Damn nice hazer. Would go nicely with my projectors Unfortunally my priority is my 3th and 4th 3 watt RGB,s so i can rent them out. Maybe later. Thanks at least for the info.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Just subscribing to post so I can keep an eye on it
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001