Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yet another non-functional SP-161 argon...

I looked at some poor photos of the 161 I sold cruch; I could only see one set of pins jumpered, but I put some electrical tape over that "connector" and cannot be sure there was not another pair jumpered. Cruch, if you still have that head... check to see if there are two sets jumpered.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Maybe there is another style of PSU that doesn't have those pins.?. But both my 261 and my 263 have them, and neither PSU will fire up unless both sets are shorted. The remote that I have worked on all the PSU's I had, including the LaserDrive clone of the original 261B.

Still, as many times as they re-designed that PSU, it wouldn't surprise me if they finally changed something on the connector. After all, removing those extra interlock pins wouldn't prevent it from being backward compatible with the older remotes... The pins simply wouldn't connect to anything.

For what it's worth, your head looks slightly different inside than mine does. The board on the left in your picture looks bigger than the one in my head, and on mine it's mounted up front near the light board, not back by where the umbilicle plugs in.

Adam