Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pallette Training

The curves are going to be required if you want to adjust threshold by the looks of it.
    If you choose 3 colour RGB as your projector type, you get options to set the minimum threshold (as Bill detailed previosly). If you go advanced, there doesn't seem to be any way of adjusting minimum threshold apart from by setting the start point of the curve higher.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Pm'ed with 14 characters.

An email has been sent to Pangolin to request a way of separating the function of the bars from the curves, so that you can set a minimum as well as maximum modulation voltage for each colour, as for the non-advanced projector options.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    What version of beyond are you using... Last I checked you still needed to use LD to setup palettes in Beyond..
    This is for FB3 users only.
    This is from the help file:
    Scan rate and Color settings for the QM2000 and FB3:
    If you are using a QM2000 laser controller, then BEYOND will use the projector settings and color settings established in LD2000.
    If you are using an FB3 laser controler, then you setup the Scan rate and Color within the Projector Settings dialog box. This is discussed below

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    An email has been sent to Pangolin to request a way of separating the function of the bars from the curves, so that you can set a minimum as well as maximum modulation voltage for each colour, as for the non-advanced projector options.
    The bars and curves compliment each other. They are not the same thing. I'm not going to talk about the curves publicly for the reasons I gave above. However, the way I've been adjusting my projector is setting the basic colours using the bars then making further adjustments using the curves. I actually added another additional colour before making final adjustments to the bars, as I wasn't initially satisfied with one of the mixed colours out of the projector, and wanted to create an additional mid point.

Adjustment can be tricky but I don't think its so much down to the method as the fact that those adjustments can be tricky in any event.

You're friend here is the grey scale ILDA pattern and various complex cues in the workspace which you can then use either to check colour mix results or as actual tuning templates for certain colours on the bars eg yellow.

I've done some further adjustment today and although I doubt its perfect, I'm now getting some very good results. Every colour on every cue appears accurate from Mr Magoos face and hands to the charging elephant's skin to some of the tricky atmospheric patterns. I can now reproduce all the colours in all the coloured circular ILDA patterns including all of the pastel shades in the 2 pastel test patterns. Even the grey scale rings I posted above have been improved and are now greyer at the lower end of the scale.

The colours are also a lot cleaner and show better separation.

The tools do work therefore but they require time and patience to achieve good to perfect results. I've had 2 x 2 hour sessions to get to where I am now, although someone with more experience of palettes would probably be able to figure out the adjustments faster. After the ILDA patterns, the save dialogue is your next best friend. My moto is adjust then save, adjust then save...
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-25-2013 at 15:55.

Hmm, odd, the advanced button is greyed out for me on build 542.

I just checked for you, it should be available.

Are there maybe some user "modes" like QuickShow had preventing access? Like the beginner, intermediate and advanced user modes?

Are you in admin mode?

Settings > User Interface Access Mode > Admin

In the same location under .... Access Mode > Setup User Interface > Password and Startup, check the programme is set to start in Admin Mode.

That said, I can't see anything off the top in the Access settings that would allow you access to the colour controls but not advanced.

Could it be that you don't have a DAC plugged in (the blank 'Projector' dropdown)? These settings are only for FB3, so unless it can see an FB3, it won't let you access the settings.
    I've only ever run mine with a DAC plugged in when I accessed advanced.
    Frikkin Lasers