Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American DJ Haze Generator

Default American DJ Haze Generator

Wow, just found an American DJ Haze Generator for $150 at Sam Ash (manager's special floor model)... what a steal, now I have to wait for the specially ordered haze fluid to be shipped as no one seemed to stock it around here. Anyone know of any physical stores that stock this? Definitely needed to replace that stinky fog machine that sets off my fire alarm...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I could be wrong but Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting might have it. I seem to recall seeing it there on my occasional trip up to that store, prior to them opening a store in Wilmington. I haven't been up there for about a year though. Figure that should be all of ten minutes from your place. If not, check out Froggys Fog online. I *think* their Houston Haze will work in that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyJay View Post
    Definitely needed to replace that stinky fog machine that sets off my fire alarm...
    I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but the hazer will probably also set off the alarm. Just try to keep the haze very light, or switch to 'heat rise' fire alarm sensors
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yeah, I've managed to figure out just the right fog density and direction to point my current fogger at to avoid the fire alarm at my place, but its always a concern. Even if it doesn't avoid that, its still a great atmosphere for the lasers and could probably be mixed with fog sprays for different atmospheric effects...

Guitar center only stocks the Fog Juice now unfortunately. Sam Ash occasionally gets it in but mentioned they have this one customer who wipes out their entire inventory every time it comes in. I do have some ADJ HazeG special ordered so I can benchmark it with the recommended fluid, but Sam Ash told me it could take 2-6 weeks to arrive... I may have to order something online myself to get it in a reasonable shipping time frame.

Try Farralane...www.farralane.com. I usually get what I order within 1-3 days.
    CT Lasers Luminance RGB @ 3.09 watts
    (680mw 640, 960mw 532, 250mw 473, 1200mw 445, DT40W)
    FB3 w/ Beyond
    Second RGB in progress.

Well finally got the haze fluid... wow wasn't expecting the colors to improve so much. I'm actually getting more pure colors and can see more colors in the beams than with the fog machine. That was a pleasant surprise!!!

I noticed the same thing when I got my hazer. Smoke makes my laser very bright only briefly and at very close range, but kills the throw distance.
    FB3 w/ Beyond
    Second RGB in progress.

Is there an optimum placement of the haze generator in the room in respect to the laser? I notice oil droplets attaching themselves to the protective glass window, its probably gunking up the interior of the unit through the ventilation as well... I do have it right under the projector and am considering moving it. All in all, the fog looks like it could be better for equipment due to this?

I keep mine close to me and generally far from the laser, though more for convenience of operation. But I wouldn't put a fogger or hazer that close to my gear for exactly that reason; I don't want the laser sucking in the output and gunking up the optics.

If you're getting droplets on your gear, perhaps you're also running the hazer too hard. You don't need much haze. Try setting the output to it's lowest and give it a little time to fill the room. When I first got mine, I ran it hard as was trying to duplicate the effect of fog before I realized that wasn't even remotely necessary. At home, I run mine at the lowest setting, and even on gigs, I've only once needed to run it over 20% output in a huge warehouse, and briefly at that.
    FB3 w/ Beyond
    Second RGB in progress.